43rd Page: The Value of Teamwork

(I have no idea what to make the title for the chapter...)

Underwater Temple,
Within the Temple...

Clang!

A sharp impact resonated through the caverns, Gauche panting as he vaulted over a set of rocks, evading a gigantic steel-balled chain lurching towards him.

"Damn it!" Gauche cursed, lunging forward as the steel chain broke through the rocks he vaulted over.

"Hahaha! There's no point in running, you coward." The white robed Eye of the Midnight Sun mage sneered, his chain returning to him as they seemed to extend from his hands, the brown haired man himself looking around for Gauche.

"Damn! That bastard looks and sounds like a weakling, so I thought I'd be fine, but he's stupidly strong!" Gauche grit his teeth, glaring at the cocky mage in the distance. Those steel chains practically shut down any attempt he had to use his magic...

Lunging forward, Gauche narrowly dodged as one of the massive chains obliterated the spot where he stood before, the chain retreating afterwards as Gauche took the chance to fire a beam of [Mirror Magic] towards the distant mage, though the other steel orb intercepted the beam, though it also blocked the mage's view of Gauche.

"Now, where are you hiding?" The mage's lips curled into a twisted smile, beginning to stalk for his opponent.

"Damn it, as much as it pisses me off, that bastard's magic is pretty solid for both offense and defense..." Gauche thought to himself, quietly regaining his stamina as he peered over the rock he hid behind, seeing the other mage looking for him, his chains rattling around him.

"The only chance I really have is if he underestimates me...but, that chance is short to come. He's already seen my [Real Double], so I can't use it to fake him out..." Gauche recalled to himself, the scene of his [Real Double] getting dispersed flashing in his mind.

"Just how am I going to..." Gauche murmured to himself, though his attention shifted to a crab beside him, pulling on his boots with its pincers.

Gauche narrowed his eyes at the crab, something about it was...familiar.

"Fine, if you won't come out, I'll just hunt you down!" The [Chain Magic] user laughed gleefully, unleashing his chains as they tore through the various rocks, trying to find Gauche's location.

"Hey, come on out. I guess hiding is all I can expected from a Black Bulls mage, though. A worthless group of losers will never change." The Eye of the Midnight Sun mage grinned widely, his eyes flashing sinisterly as he glanced around, trying to lure Gauche out.

"Shut up already."

"You stupid face!"

Suddenly, the chain mage whipped around as he saw Gauche and his [Real Double] beside him, his lips curling into a sneer. Gauche had taken the bait.

"There you are!" The [Chain Magic] user sneered, his [Heavy Chain] smashing into both Gauche's, sending both of them flying as the [Real Double] disappeared, leaving only the slowly recovering Gauche in the open.

"Did you think I'd fall for the same trick twice?" The Eye of the Midnight Sun mage glared at Gauche, who only curled up in fear, holding his arms in front of him.