Miami

Chapter twenty-seven: Miami (Madison's POV)

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I felt a pillow being smacked on my head numerous times. I opened my eyes to see Riley while Jacob lay fast asleep beside me. 

"What about him?" I whined. She handed me the pillow. "Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I did exactly what Riley did. 

"What?" he asked, his voice hoarse. 

"I don't know," I shrugged while tying my hair up, turning to Riley for an explanation for the rude awakening. 

"We are going to Miami!" she cheered. We've been once before together and I've been once before when we were kids with Nick. 

"Wait what?" I asked in confusion. 

"Nick booked tickets for summer break!" she cheered. 

"When?" Jacob laughed. 

"This morning. I was talking to him about it and he said we should all go," she shrugged. "We're leaving tomorrow morning at eight," she said nonchalantly before going back downstairs. 

"What just happened?" I asked myself. 

"I guess we're going to Miami," Jacob replied. After that, we both split up, got fresh, and went downstairs where I fed Charlie first, then made myself a tea and watched Jacob make us breakfast. 

He made pancakes, will you look at that? Pancakes! I eagerly took my plate from him and sat with him, talking and eating breakfast. A couple of minutes later, Nick and Riley joined us and we all just sat there and laughed and talked about our Miami plan and what we're gonna do and it was such a nice morning. 

Can I just say it sucks to not have your parents around, you know, those are the people you go to or help, you tell your mom about your boy problems, spend time with your dad, warning him to not grill the guy you bring home but I don't get to do that. Riley's always been here and she's always been such an amazing friend of mine and of course, Nick is my brother and while he is a pain in the ass sometimes, I love him so much and Jacob... Jacob is well um- he's Jacob. 

I have never liked a person so much but before all this, I have never hated a person so much either. Even when I was friends with him. I always kinda hated him because he was always my best friend's brother that bullied me and teased me but now he's someone a lot more special than that. He means a lot more. And I may not have my parents here with me like ever, but I have all the family I need right here. 

"You done with that?" Jacob asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. 

"Hmm?" I asked in confusion. 

"You done?" he asked while chuckling. 

"Yeah," I nodded while handing him my now empty plate. 

"I think you guys should go and drop Charlie earlier today so he can get used to staying the nights there by tonight," Nick suggested while he grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her out of her seat. 

"Can you go right now?" Riley looked at me. 

I took the hint. I had no interest in hearing them do it. "Sure," I stood up, "Let's go," I grabbed Jacob's hand and took him upstairs to grab some of Charlie's stuff before coming back down and grabbing Charlie. 

"Come on," I huffed while picking him up. 

"He's just a baby, can't we take him?" Jacob mumbled while backing the car out of the driveway. 

"He's just a baby, that's why we can't take him," I gave him a pointed look while pulling my seatbelt on. He sighed in disappointment before driving over.