CHAPTER ONE

-AMIKO'S POV-

I woke up to hear my grandma coughing. Raising myself up, I yawned before rubbing my hand over my face. It was a normal Saturday, nothing to do but work or go to the library.

I knew if I called Nia, she would just want to go out to a party and I wasn't up for it. Party's wasn't my setting and I don't think it never will be.

I took the covers off my bare legs before feeling the cold breeze brush against my skin as I sat my feet on the floor. Yawning once again, I slipped on my slippers before standing to my feet and walking out my room.

I walked down the hall as the floor creaked. The house me and my grandma lived in wasn't one of those Suburb homes, it was a house in the hood. Honestly, this house has been through so much.

Over the years, her house has been robbed and shot at. Me and my mom always told her to move but she always said no. Now that my grandma is sick, I don't think it's too safe for her. We lived in California but the hood part. I've only been to the city once and that was with Nia when she was talking to this big time rapper.

Once that relationship went down the drain, I didn't even worry about seeing the long street and people walking in expensive clothes and driving expensive cars.

I cracked open my grandma's door to see her laying down sleeping peacefully. Walking out and closing the door silently, I decided to brush my teeth and shower so I could make us breakfast.

After my shower, I walked in the kitchen before taking out everything I needed to make everything. Hearing a light knock on the door, I knew it was Nia. Walking out the kitchen and to the door, I unlocked all the locks before unlocking the metal screen door.

I smiled as Nia came in embracing me in a hug. I moved out the way as I let her walk in. She talked to me as we walked in the kitchen.

"Girl I miss you." She said and I laughed. She said that as she looked at the food that I had taken out. I knew this was a lie. She just wanted me to feed her.

"You just want food." I spoke and Nia laughed at the fact that I knew her so well. Nia couldn't fool me any day. I knew her like the back of my hand and she knew me. Me and Nia have been friends since 5th grade.

She lives in the same neighborhood as me but have more things than me. Nia is the bad girl out of us two. I was the nice and sweet one that really didn't bother anyone.

I was soft, is what you can call me. Nia says she sees a bad girl in me but I don't think so. I mean, I've been through so much so I just put a smile on my face and act like everything's good. I mean, in the hood of Cali, you can't really trust no one.

I made the eggs, bacon, rice, sausage and I made some pancakes. I made Nia a plate and then I made my grandma's. Around this time which was like 10, I knew she'll be up. Walking to her room, I knocked on the door before opening.

"Here Nana." I said as I handed her, her plate of food and her glass of orange juice. My grandma was my everything. She was everything I had to live for now and the only person I had on this earth other than Nia but I was talking about family.

"Thanks baby. Nia in there isn't she." My grandma said and I giggled and she laughed. I nodded my head and she shook her head. My grandma loved Nia and welcomed her in open arms all the time. My grandma was really sweet.

"Okay, I'm going to go eat. I'll be back in here to check up on you." I said kissing her forehead. She smiled before shooing me off. I walked out before closing the door behind me.

With my grandma being sick and me being the only one working, it was hard. Since I was working at Mack's, I really didn't get paid that much but it helped keep a roof over our heads.

Us being kicked out was gonna make my grandma's sickness worse. Walking in the kitchen, I began to eat as Nia talked my ears off as usual but it didn't bother me though.

After a while, I was finished eating and then I started putting on my clothes for work. I had to be in by 12 or Mack would be on my ass about being late. When I had work, Nia stayed there with me all day.

I don't ask her too but she always tells me she has nothing else better to do so I don't push her out.

"Ou, look at your man." Nia said as she held up her phone showing me the one and only Benjamin Rodriguez. He didn't go by Benjamin though, he went by Benji in the streets. I think he is so handsome, no, I take that back. FINE.

I know any girl that he talks to is lucky. When I was in the 9th grade and he was in the 10th, I had a huge crush on him and still do till this day but a girl like me won't ever get recognized by him.

-BENJI'S POV-

I sat in my Range Rover with my brother Brandon. We were on our 3rd blunt and the truck was smoked out. As music blasted from the speakers, we were just chillin.

From time to time, I would laugh at Brandon recording himself thinking he doing something with this big ass blunt in his hand.

"Bruh stop fucking laughing at me." He said and I watched as he deleted the video. I chuckled at how mad he was. I knew we was gon get the munchies so I decided to drive to Mack's, one of the best chicken joints in Cali.

It was in the hood and the shit was good.

"Yooo, shawty bad." Brandon said showing me some girl on Instagram. I pushed his phone away and he smacked his lips.

"Do you." I spoke and he chuckled.

"Nigga you know me." He said and i shook my head. I was gon laugh at his ass when he caught something and I swear if he caught something, we were not talking and if we was, it over the phone.

That was all his life revolved around. Sex. It didn't make any sense. Me, I fucked many bitches but I was never cuffing. I couldn't see myself in a relationship. For one, I didn't know how to express my feelings unless I'm really digging a girl and two, these bitches is hoes and just want you for your money.

With the life that I live in, they probably tryna set me up so it's hard to trust niggas and bitches out here.

"Boy I'm hungry as shit." Brandon said and I looked at him as I pulled up outside Mack's.

Me and my brother have been with each other for the longest. When my mom and pops died, we was on our own. We started this hustling shit at the age of 12 and we came up from there.

We known in the streets as "Druglords". Everybody feared us and that shit irritated me because at times, they just stare at you with a frightened look. I understand why, but sometimes, the stares just piss me off.

I have a younger brothers and sisters but they in school. Since they was young, Ian want them doing what me and Brandon do. I showed them the tools and that was it. I at least wanted them to get an understanding.

Brandon hopped out the car before slamming my door. I frowned before grabbing my phone out the cup holder and opening the door.

"Aye bitch. Don't slam my door." I gritted and he flicked me off. I swear his ass can be so fucking irritating.