Chapter Forty Eight

"So, how's that story going?" I ask. A look of panic crosses over Kevin's eyes. It washes away so fast, though, that I could hardly tell it was there.

"What story?" he asks. He raises his eyebrows.

"The story about me," I say. He nods.

"Oh. That story," he says. He nods slowly a couple times.

"Did you forget about it?" I ask. He quickly shakes his head.

"No. Of course not," he says. I nod.

"Well, why did you seem to forge about it?" I ask. He shrugs and picks at a loose thread escaping his red sweater.

"I didn't. I just have a lot that I'm working," he says.

"Well, what else are you working on?" I ask. He shrugs and keeps his attention on the string.

"Stuff like my experience in the palace," he says.

"Oh," I say. He nods and we sit in silence for several minutes.

"Celia, would it be okay if I publish your story?" he asks. My eyes move away from the spot I was staring at on the floor to his. His eyes have a determination in them that he hasn't shown before.

"Sure," I say with a smile.
Short chapter, I know! I'm sorry about that but I couldn't think of anything else to add here. Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.