The Ball - Day 1

Chandeliers and caviar decorated the dazzling ballroom as guests flooded in like a tsunami. The royal thrones that would usually be in the Palace's front entrance hallway were now on a grand podium reaching the back of the ballroom. The highest chair in the centre for the king and two slightly shorter ones accompanying it left and right.

All three royals sat together in silence observing the crowds. The King held his domineering posture as the heavy crown weighed down on his head. The princess was obviously wearing a light and delicate tiara that very much represents the girl herself, still only being a young teen who had yet to learn the world's harsh realities. The prince, seated to the King's right, wore his crown like dunce hat and slouched slightly into his chair. His father glared over him to tell him to be the respected prince he is.

He did know better considering his position, which is why he wasn't lying on the floor, honestly, his father should be more appreciative for him even attending. He was eventually forced to go out and mingle with the guests. Seeing as how this went to be a 'courtship event, many women flock towards him, not that they didn't do it before, but this time they would especially needy.

He enjoyed the attention, somewhat, but it was difficult to bed nobility with no strings attached with sex and marriage being often closely related, and the last thing a girl with noble heritage needed was an unmarried pregnancy. Surrounded by gawking women, Des talked and bantered for several minutes yet each and every one of them bored him deeply. There was only one girl who could pique his interest.

While contemplating on ludicrous fantasies, everything went eerily quiet. Yet only Desmideus noticed a changed atmosphere. It was... odd. But then the doors openly dramatically and everything changed.

A girl.

A girl with long lilac hair that curled just the right way and framed her face and body perfectly. A long silk dress rich in a deep purple colour made every other dress plain and simple. It was as if an angel graced herself amongst the room itself.

He was immediately drawn to her and for some reason that he could not explain, his heart palpitated quicker than usual. The girls bickering in his ear became silent, not because they stopped talking, but because he didn't register their voices. All of his senses were drawn to the light that radiated off this strange beauty.

He involuntary took a step towards her, his body moving as if it were pre-programmed. Not that even noticed

"Hello." He greeted, smiling.

She turned to face him, smiling meekly, "Hi..." She gingerly bit her bottom lip and extended her hand slightly.

He took her hand and placed a tender kiss on her knuckles, "It's a pleasure to meet you, lady...?" He inquired her name, for he must need to know it.

"Oh, lady Octavia of Aeolia, your highness, I'm so glad that we finally get to meet."

He dropped her hand, "What?" He stood up straight, seeming to come out of his trance.

"Is something wrong?" She looked upon to see his dreadful face.

"No, it's just... I just remembered something urgent I need to attend to, please excuse me." He rushed away from her and went to a more secluded area.

"Okay?" Octavia was left dumbfounded, "Weirdo." She whispered under her breath and glanced around the room. Soon shortly after another gentleman approached her.

"Lady Octavia?" He asked, in which she nodded, "Roderick Oquare of Ismarus, a pleasure to meet you." He followed the standard etiquette of kissing her hand too.

"Likewise, I've heard many things about you."

"All good things, I hope."

She laughed prettily, "Yes."