Cookies

Faye’s POV

That… was so damn embarrassing!!!! I screamed internally. I don’t even know how to face him anymore.

I groaned and ran my hand of my face. Can this day even be more eventful?! I took my time to change my clothes.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Flaming cheeks, wild curls that are everything but tamed, bags under my eyes, black sweater and a pair of light blue jeans. Oh man… Fixing my hair and dabbing a small amount of concealer under my eyes and I’m good to go.

I took my time walking down the stairs to see Damon, literally. I'm sure that a dying turtle is faster than me. I can’t help it! God earlier was just so embarrassing.

Biting my nails out of nervousness I walked towards the kitchen that Maria told me the whereabouts. Bless her, with this big mansion I would have gotten lost.

“I'm sorry Daddy”

“Is she okay?”

I heard little voices in the kitchen. As I made a turn, I saw two little munchkins sitting in the chair facing Damon and another man.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. And four people whipped their heads in my direction.

“Um... Hi?” I gave a little awkward wave as the two munchkin ran in my direction and tackled me.

“Whoa calm down there little giants” I chuckled as I ruffled their hair.

“Are you hurt Miss Faye? We’re sorry” Ian apologized.

“Well, I am okay. Don’t worry” I assured them as I get up and sat in the chair.

“So..?” I started.

“Well Miss, These two right over here broke a window next to your room. We thought that it might have been your room’s window that was damaged. The man said while pointing to the two kids.

“Oh… that’s why” I mumbled remembering the embarrassing event earlier.

“Miss Faye, This man right here is Ian’s Father, Daniel.” Damon introduced the guy. No wonder he was familiar. He was in the parent’s orientation.

“Hello Sir” I stood up and shook his hand

“Call me Daniel Miss Faye.” He said with a small smile.

“So... Miss Faye is going to be staying with us from now on until her apartment is fixed. Kids, don’t give Miss Faye a lot of trouble okay?” Damon said to the kids. They both nodded.

Caleb looked at me and tugs the hem of my sweater. I looked at him with a small smile. He mouthed ‘Cookie’ at me while giving me his puppy eyes. I gave him a wink and chuckled.

I flinched when I look up as I saw the two men looking at us intently.

“Well Miss Faye, We are going to be out for a while. Just call me or Maria when these two gives you trouble okay?” Damon said with a soft smile. I nodded and gave him a little thank you.

“Well… I guess it’s just us now” I looked at Ian and Caleb. They both looked at me with a wide grin.

“Cookies?” Their eyes lit up like Christmas lights as they cheered.

“Cookies!!!” I took their hands and led us to the kitchen counter. I helped them sit in the twisty chairs in the counter as I take out the materials and ingredients for the cookie dough.

“Will you two help me?” I asked.

“Yep! I never baked a cookie though…” Ian said with a pout in his face.

“I’ll help don’t worry” I gathered all the dry ingredients and mixed them lowly adding the wet ingredients. I handed the big bowl to the kids

“Now… Can you two cuties mix this?” I pinched their cheeks with my flour filled hands leaving traces of flour in their cheeks.

They nodded their heads oblivious of the flour in their faces. I  can’t help but smile. I'm sure im going to enjoy my stay here with these two.

I took out the cookie cutter and started cutting the cookies. I put it in the oven waiting for it to be cooked. We sat there eagerly waiting as we took a whiff of the oven baked goodness. We heard a beep coming from the oven. As if on cue we ran in front of the oven. I wore mittens and took out the cookies. I can feel my mouth water as I looked at the cookies.

We waited for them to cool down and once they did, we pounced on them like hungry wolves. We kept shoving cookies into our mouths and just laughing it off.