33

"Why are you jealous? Do you like me?" 

Sevi didn't answer me. He was too focused on the road, obviously avoiding my question. Ngumuso ako at kinuha ang phone ko para maglaro na lang ng mga pang-Tita games. This guy wouldn't talk to me! 

"I mean, gwapo naman kasi talaga siya," I whispered. "Swerte naman ni Luna..." pang-aasar ko pa. He looked so annoyed with me.

"Naririnig kita," mariing sabi niya. He gripped on the steering wheel like he was trying to contain the anger inside him. 

"Are you jealous because of me, or are you jealous because of Luna?" I asked, preparing my heart for the answer. 

"Bakit naman nasama si Luna?" he asked, glancing at me while driving. His eyes immediately went back to the road.

"Do you still like her?" I bit my lower lip and shifted in my seat uncomfortably. "I mean, now that you're single and she's single, maybe both of you can now-" 

"Hindi. Ang tagal na noon," he cut me off. "Maybe both of us can now ano? Be together? Iniisip ko pa lang, kinikilabutan na ako, ah. Hindi mangyayari 'yon. Kaibigan lang turing namin sa isa't isa."

"Hmm, okay..." He sounded so serious about it. "Was that her ex?" curious na tanong ko ulit. I was done teasing him. 

"Oo, hindi pa sila nakaka-move on sa isa't isa. Bakit? Interesado ka?" Kumunot ang noo niya.

"Well, kung ako rin naman sa pwesto niya." Natawa ako lalo. I was wrong. I was not done teasing him. "Joke lang." I made a peace sign when he looked at me and raised a brow. 

"Hay... Karma ko ba 'to?" he suddenly whispered. "Kung inaasar mo 'ko, tantanan mo na..." 

"Okay, fine." I pouted and leaned on the shotgun seat. "Hmm, we're getting my car first, ah? Then you'll pay for my gas. It's your fault! Para saan ba 'yong folder? It seems like it's not that urgent naman?" I looked at the folder he placed in the backseat. Sumimangot ako. 

"Hindi nga..." He laughed now.

"Then why the hell did you tell me to go to Batangas?! You demon!" I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Ang tanong, bakit ka pumuntang Batangas? Pwede ko namang kuhanin na lang sa 'yo gaya ng sabi ko?" He asked me back. 

"I... I'm... Uhm." I looked away. I didn't know what to say. "I just wanted to see you. Why?" 

He didn't look a bit surprised because of what I said. The side of his lips rose while his eyes were still focused on the road. I bit my lower lip and played with my hands out of embarrassment. 

"Same excuse," he said. 

"Huh?" Gulat akong napatingin sa kanya.