Part 2.1

y/n pov

I took my car and drove towards the office. I was pretty nervous. Even though I knew everyone in the room, it would be the first business meeting as official Daegu leader. Yoongi hadn't even told Jimin about it. I tried to dress up partly badass, partly formal. I wasn't so sure.

I arrived and Yoongi was waiting outside the office for me
'they are all inside, are you ready?' He asked and I nodded.

He opened the door and I walked in. There they all were, Jimin and Jungkook from Busan and Namjoon, Hoseok and Jin from Seoul. They all got up from their chairs as soon as I walked in.

'y/n?' Jungkook asked surprise, they all seemed to be surprised by my entrance.

'Mr Jeon' I replied in a formal manner.

Namjoon walked my way and he made the movement to hug me and I smiled at him and leaned in for a hug.
'it's so nice to see you again y/n'
'wait you two know each other?' Jungkook asked still looking confused

Namjoon smiled and so did I
'Namjoon, Hoseok and Jin helped me to get away from Taemin during the wedding'
'How is Mary doing?' I asked. Mary was Namjoons wife and the only real friend I had in Seoul during my time with Taemin.

'She has been good. Coincidentally she was asking about you, just the other week'
'You should tell her to message me sometimes!'
'I will' Namjoon said happily

Jin and Hoseok also hugged me
'how is Kirsty?' I asked Hoseok, Kirsty was his girlfriend, she ran a brothel in Seoul. I sometimes talked to her but our contact was rather limited.
'she has been good, thank you for asking' Hoseok said with a smile.

Jimin came my way as well, he didn't smile but looked at me with sad eyes
'I am sorry about Taehyung'

I felt my heart drop for a moment by the mentioning of his name.
'thank you Jimin'
'it will be okay' he added

Yoongi cleared his throat indicating the time for chit chat was over.
'In Taehyung's absence, y/n will take over his role. She knows a lot about the business plus as we learnt about her past she also knows a lot about the situation in Seoul'

Everyone nodded, I looked at Jungkook as he was the only one I couldn't really read on this situation. He just stared at me. Yoongi nudged at me and I started my "presentation"

'so since Taemin's death the situation in Seoul is instable. His brother Kai unfortunately, managed to get away and is now regaining power. We of course would like to see Namjoon in power together with Hoseok and Jin. This way we can have peace between the Seoul, Busan and Daegu gangs. However, we can not risk all out war, so we have to think of a way to establish this without starting a war. As Kai still thinks they are loyal to him we have inside information through Namjoon'

All the guys eyes were on me, listening with their full attention. After I was done we discussed for hours what the best way would be to go forwards.

But perhaps you are wondering how the fuck I got here? Let me take you back to that horrible night.

Flashback to that night

'I love you, you made me whole again'

I felt how Taehyung was slipping away, his eyes slowly closing. I again called out for Yoongi. As I looked around I saw many dead bodies, Yoongi ran my way
'he has to see a doctor, NOW' Yoongi exclaimed and lifted his brother from the ground, he ran to the car and put Tae in. I already rushed to the other side to take place in the passenger seat.

I looked to the back, at Taehyungs unconscious body, his blood was everywhere. I didn't say anything and Yoongi kept driving at an insane speed. We arrived at the hospital and we ran to the counter. Immediately they got Taehyung into surgery.

Yoongi and me were sitting outside. It felt as if I was still in shock. Time passed so slowly, my hands still trembling. I had washed Tae's blood off in the bathroom but it felt like it was still on there
'so y/n, who are you really?'
'I am not park y/n, my name is Jung y/n. I was born in Seoul. I lived there a long time with my sister'

I swallowed at mentioning my sister because Yoongi could even have been the one that killed her.
'how did you get involved with Taemin?' he asked
'I uhm was studying and to pay for college I had a side job in this expensive restaurant. Taemin came one time and he liked me so he kept coming and well he just claimed me basically.'

'oh, so it wasn't love?'

I made a disgusted face

'god no, in the beginning I liked him because he was nice but as soon as I was forced to go on a date not anymore, obviously'

Yoongi just listened untill the doctor came out.

His facial expression made me scared.

Scared because I knew it would be bad news.

Present time

After the meeting I didn't go home directly. I went to Taehyung's house. I went to his bedroom and there he was. I sat on the chair I had placed at the bedside as soon as Taehyung was able to be placed at home.

'hi baby. I had the first meeting today, everyone was there. I think I did well, but I missed you there. I always miss you. I hope you are proud of me'

I tried to hold back my tears. It was still so difficult to see Taehyung this way. The doctor said he might be able to hear me. He went into a coma and he hasn't awoken yet. The doctors don't know if he ever will, but they told me it might be possible, and I would hold onto that.

Yeontan came in, he had been down since that night. I felt so guilty. I was supposed to be there, lying unconciously on this bed, or be dead for that matter but Taehyung had saved me.

He pushed me aside and literally caught a bullet for me.

Some days I felt bad for loving him while he was the one that ordered my sisters death. But there were so many factors which made this very complicated.

Taemin killed his son, he retaliated. It wasn't okay, but this was the mafia world. The most important thing however, was the guilt and the pain I saw in his eyes. He wasn't an evil person, he really regretted it.

After we knew how bad the health condition of Tae was, Yoongi had asked me to take Tae's place and I didn't understand because how could he trust me after I lied about basically everything?

"because it was honestly stupid if you ever told us the truth, so that means you are smart which is good. but foremost you were willing to die for us until my stupid little brother took the bullet. that shows me I can trust you, the men have witnessed it as well so they also tend to trust you"

"plus you know, this kind of administrative or strategic business is not for me, I mean the business you actually use your head instead of your hands for"

That last one I did understand, I hardly saw Yoongi in the numbers or strategy meetings for that matter.

So here I was, the replacement mafia leader of Daegu