29 | Mall

You straightened your back against the seat of the car, the smooth seatbelt resting over your arm. Glancing to your side, you met eyes with Todoroki, who rested his head on his hand, making it shake a little as the car drove down the road. You had agreed to keep 'this' (whatever your unlabeled relationship was) a secret from your classmates for the time being. Todoroki believed that it would make things easier as his father hadn't recently been on his back, pestering him about you, and he wanted to keep things that way for both of your sakes.

Not that you minded, though. During last night's conversation with Todoroki, you realised that there were many times when he hesitated and held back when he was around you. Placing your hands on your lap against the denim fabric of your shorts, you noted that if you wanted to make him feel comfortable, you would need to reassure him every step of the way.

He still felt at a loss when it came to you, but he appreciated it when you snapped him out of his thoughts. "Shoto, so where do you wanna go after meeting with our class?"

"It's a surprise," he said. "Don't you like surprises?"

You tilted your head to the side. "I do most of the time... depending on what they are."

"Can I tell you something surprising?"

You nodded, taking in his down to Earth manners, as the driver parked the car a few blocks before the mall. Todoroki got out of the sleek, black car and opened the door for you. As both of you walked side by side to the mall, Todoroki looked down at you. He thought about mentioning that he had used Endeavor's credit card to pay for all of this; however, he stopped himself as his name would only bring bad memories. Instead, he chose to reveal something which he knew would startle you. "Remember that time when you fell asleep on the training grounds at my house?"

"Yeah, definitely. I'll never forget it- the roughest sleep I've ever had in my life."

Todoroki's lips pulled into a small smile. "And do you know who laid that blanket over you?"

"Fuyumi, right?" Your arm brushed against his, and you could tell that he was amused by your reaction. This made you suspect that you were wrong, and you got the feeling that Todoroki had been looking out for you for longer than you previously thought. "Wait, was it you? Really?"

"The only word I could use to describe to you that day would be a mess. Even then, I never asked you what had upset you so much."

You let out a few nervous laughs, imagining yourself sprawled on the floor and how confused Todoroki must have been that he decided to throw a blanket over you rather than waking you up. "It's no worries. I must have looked so weird."

Todoroki stopped walking as he noticed Iida's stiff arm waving at the two of you to join the rest of 1-A. Todoroki didn't want this moment to end, nor anyone to get involved in your intimate conversation. "No. You looked... like you were willing to give your all for your dreams."

After being warmly welcomed by your classmates, you joined the girls at the swimming costume section as they sorted through a pile of bikinis and full costumes. As you stood there, you wondered what Todoroki was doing. Maybe, he was getting some swimming gear, too? You kneeled down next to Mina, who carried on rummaging the pile until she pulled out a toxic green two-piece.

"(y/n), look at this beauty! You found anything for yourself yet?" Mina paraded it around like a well-earned trophy.

"Nah, not yet. I bet that costume would look good on you, though."

"I know, right?" Mina flashed you a cheeky smile. "Like, as soon as you've got a few, let's go try them on!"

You nodded, now focused on finding something you would like for the training camp. You had heard that there would be hot baths, which you were looking forward to using. Then, you remembered that you don't wear clothes in those, so you might want to pick a swimsuit that would be appropriate for the school's swimming pool.