16. RAGINI SANSKAR MAHESWARI

'R'

Sanskar stared his palm on which the letter was visible in the darkest shade possible. He couldn't do anything but smile, reminiscing the comments he heard in the function. The women teased Ragz that her husband will be so loving while some other said her 'saas' will be. The most precious thing was the glow on her face, something which everyone yearned to see. She was smiling, shying and sometimes giggling. Everyone could see the tint of happy tears in Shekhar's eyes while Sharmishta was always besides her. Three nights to pass, then it is RagSan's WEDDING.

Sanskar stared the sky which was evenly lit by moonlight while the cool breeze comforted him. Suddenly realization struck him, like a thunder.

"Lucky!" Sanskar banged the door for the fifth time. Swara is at Badi since last day owing to marriage.

"You were sleeping?" Sanskar asked surprised as he expected the lovebirds to chirp over the phone whole night.

"Was washing clothes; would you like to join?" Laksh asked scratching his head irritated. At midnight, what else does a normal human suppose to do?

"Okay." Sanskar rolled eyes in sarcasm. "Bro, I'm getting married after 3 days!" He cried out.

"Is it? Congratulations on the realization, All the best for your marriage and, AND good night for now." Laksh joined his hands dramatically.

"It's not a joke!" Sanskar smacked his head awakening him from his half-slumber.

"Arrey yaar! You only decided to get married. Engagement has been done, Sangeet and today Mehndi was also done in your presence. Why are you pestering me now?" Laksh felt his patience seeping gradually.

"I didn't realize that it's all so soon. Need to talk to you." He dragged a dumbstruck Laksh with him to the garden.

***

"What are you thinking? About marriage and my jiju?" Swara teased Ragini.

"Jiju?" Ragini scrunched her nose.

"Or what? Jiju-cum-Jedji." Swara giggled to which Ragini joined. "You know what. I'm so happy. You'll be with me in that house the whole life. We will enjoy every blissful moment together. And Sanky, he will treasure you. Well, I have my own benefits too. I can wake up a little late, be lazy in cooking and be a little childish also. You will be elder to me in relation, no?" Swara winked.

"As if you're not childish now. Dream about all these, but remember all will remain as dream only." She pinched Swara's nose. "About being with you, it's a blessing for me. I never thought someday we would be married off to same house and be Sanskar's wife."

"He's a gem. He cares for a friend like family and family like god. You know what, he is the one who calms down either Laksh or me when we argues."

"Not unexpected." Ragini chuckled. "I feel blessed Swara. But sometimes..."

"I know. You might feel afraid of embracing happiness. But you should Ragu. Every time, things won't go in the wrong manner. Keep such thoughts out of your mind. We all are with you. Neither Sanskar nor you will go wrong. Even if something happens, we are there, no?"

"Hmm."

"What you're humming?" Swara asked raising her eyebrows. "Well, you talked to Aru?"

"Yeah. He said he might not be able to make it to wedding."

"I knew it. That idiot would say some stupid reasons to dodge the wedding. His attitude was always like that only. You sleep now. I will call him tomorrow and make him hear an earful."