Chapter 82: Serial Killer

Takuya, startled by the large noise that had come from upstairs, fell off of the couch and onto the hardwood floor, letting out a faint "ow". He then took a moment to process what he had heard before rushing to see if the (h/c) haired girl was alright, only to find her walking down the stairs. He paused, tilting his head and the confusion situation, but didn't say anything about it. He only followed her to the couch, intent on watching what she was.

Though it wasn't his preferred type of show, he didn't seem to mind it as the girl was entranced enough for him to do whatever he pleased. Testing the limits of the girl's boundaries, he moved slightly to allow himself to touch her shoulder with his own. When she didn't make any noises of protest, he crawled onto her lap, flinching in anticipation to be yelled at. The girl rolled her eyes at the boy's actions, standing up in irritation to fix herself a small snack.

As he watched the girl leave, Takuya felt a pit in his heart, knowing he'd done something wrong. He seemed to know that the girl pitied him and felt bad for him, but if it let him get closer to her, he didn't mind. However, at that point, she seemed averse to letting him do as he pleased and her tolerance was lowering faster and faster with each passing day. Racking his brain for ideas, he seemed to come up with something, his expression lighting up in excitement as he clapped his hands together.

The girl looked back, seeing him dig in his pockets for his phone. While he wasn't particularly skilled in using it - not used to the idea of the device - he eventually found his way to call someone and rushed out of the room, keeping his voice to a low murmur. (Y/n) let out a sigh, relieved to be alone if only for a few moments before Haru came downstairs, laying down on the couch. He didn't seem to pay the female any mind, focused solely on the console in his hands.

While he had hoped ignoring her would make her feel jealous and seek out his attention as he'd seen in the dating games he was playing, she didn't seem to care one way or the other. Frustrated, the boy pushed his tongue to his cheek, furrowing his brows as he continued to try and gain inspiration from the dating game he was playing. The girl he was attempting to romance had some similarities to the girl, but she wasn't exact, and it bothered the brunette greatly. He let out an irritated groan, wanting an easier solution to winning (Y/n)'s heart than what was given to him.

He looked over at the (h/c) female to see what she was doing, only to find her about to drink a can of soda. The brunette quickly sat up and sprinted over to the girl, desperately knocking the drink out of her hands. When she looked at him strangely, the boy straightened his posture and blushed, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. Then he walked over to the fridge and took out a carton of milk, filling a cup with it and handing it to his beloved.

"Is there a reason you don't want me drinking soda?" (Y/n) asked, eyeing the cup of milk, "Who drinks straight-up milk?"

"Well, I...," the boy paused, internally struggling with himself about not being as open as he usually was, "A-A lot of people! It's really good for you and it'll make you - "

The boy put his hands over his mouth and blushed brightly, turning away as to not give any hints to what he was going to say to the girl. Lying wasn't something he ever did and hiding the truth didn't suit him either. He'd always been brutally honest, but he couldn't give away his reasons for doing what he did. Looking down at the spilled soda on the ground, the boy jogged in place nervously before running towards the stairs, not bothering to clean it up.

Then he heard (Y/n) place the glass of milk down and open a cupboard, taking out some coffee. At this, Haru nearly had a heart attack. He grabbed onto the package and held it away from her, glaring at it like it was some kind of poison. When she protested and said she wanted to drink it, the boy only growled and gathered all the coffee, tea, and soda in the house, shoving it in a garbage bag. He seemed determined, even picking up the soda he had pushed out of the girl's hands and marching the beverages out of the house and likely into the trash can.