5. Don't Pout Princess

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

We kept running, Finn held my hand pulling me along with him. We didn't look back, we didn't stop for a breath, we just ran. Monty tripped over a tree root and fell onto the ground. Finn and Octavia tried pulling him up, that was until we saw the bones in front of us.

"Who are they?"

"What are they?" Clarke showed us the skull that was laying on the ground, it was mutated and didn't look normal.

"We're so fucked." Elliot mutters.

A blood curdling scream echoed through the forest. I knew instantly who it was.

"Jasper." I say, "He's alive."

Finn tried to grab my hand but it was useless. I took off running straight from where we had come from. If he was alive, I could save him, I had to.

"Lacey!"

Finn caught Clarke and I before we passed the tree line.

"Stay out of the trees." He whispers.

I look to where Jasper was laying from before we ran away, but he wasn't there. I searched frantically, my eyes scanning everywhere, but Jasper was gone.

"Where the hell is he?" Elliot asks.

"They took him." Clarke concluded.

"What are we going to do?" Monty asks, "We have to save him."

"Not like this." I sigh, "We need supplies, Octavia needs to rest, and we have to warn the others that we aren't alone out here."

We all agree and hurry back to camp, we don't run, but we weren't going as slow as we were when we first started either. Finn had insisted on giving me a piggy back ride, because he noticed how much my side was hurting, I almost fell and he told me to shut up an listen to him. I had lost a lot more blood than Octavia, and Monty was helping her. When we entered camp I saw Wells fighting a the guy named Murphy. He held a knife up to his neck, boy have we missed a lot.

"Wells!" Clarke yelled as we approached, "Let him go!"

I rolled my eyes, knowing that Wells wasn't going to kill him. Well's obeys anyway shoving Murphy away from him. He charged him again but Bellamy stopped him. Once his eyes landed on limping Octavia, he didn't care about anyone else but her.

I got off of Finn's back sitting down on a rock starting to feel drained from all the events that had happened, that and from the blood loss. Luckily it had clotted, but none the less I needed to sit for a little while.

"Where's the food?" Bellamy asked irritably.

I sneer at him, wanting to yell at him but I held myself back. I did stand up because I felt powerless sitting own, and antsy. Wells and Finn both stood by my side, watching me carefully to make sure if I fell or felt dizzy I had support.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Finn explained.

"What the hell happened there?"

"We were attacked." Clarke says, gasps and whispers slowly filling the camp.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells asks, confusion filling his eyes along with everyone else's.

"Not what. Who." Finn corrected, "It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder."

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke went on.