22 | Closer for the first time..

Peace begins with a smile..! 💞

! 💞

I opened the door and ran out. I was out of breath, trailing my lips over my now dry lips I gaze in the front to find William and Zayden. Making my way straight to Zayden, I held his hand “I want to go home. Please...”

“Harriet what happened inside? Did Aunt say something?” William questioned

“No I just want to go home” I pressed Zayden's hand.
“Call me if you need anything.” Zayden gave William a curt a nod.

I place my head on headrest and stare outside the window. Zayden didn’t ask me anything. He used to occasionally look at me.

After reaching home I headed towards washroom. Turning on the shower I stood under it letting my emotions free. I cried till my eyes were red, till I didn’t feel any pain, till my mind went numb. I cried thinking about Aunt, I and Zayden aren’t even close but still it hurts me to see him with Jannet. I can imagine what Aunt went through after losing her love.

After what felt like eternity I walked out wearing comfortable clothes. I snuggled into the quilt and stare at some distant with literally nothing in my mind. Zayden didn’t disturb me and for once I was thankful of his habit of not showing his emotions and care openly. I wanted to be left alone now.

A knock at the door broke my sleep, I rub my eyes sitting up.
Zayden walked in with coffee in his hand. “This will help…” He said forwarding the mug.

Giving him a nod, I took it and inhaled it’s strong scent.
After closer the balcony door and pulling the curtain Zayden walked out.

A few minutes later there was another knock at the door. I don’t know why he was knocking the door. It wasn’t like I was crying and needed some privacy.

As the door creaked open, Alex walked in instead of Zayden.
“Hi —” Alex strolled towards the bed with measured steps and plopped on bed next to me, “Can I sit?” he asked raising his brow.

“You already did Alex”

He stares at me for a second and huffs “Are you okay? Wanna speak about it?”

“Not really” I answer trailing my finger on the rim of coffee mug.

“Alright. How about we talk a walk outside.” He suggested.

“I might as well sleep.” I mutter shaking my head.

“Actually I wasn’t asking. Now get up, we are going on a walk…” He stood up dragging me out of bed along with him.

We ambled in the garden, cold breeze sending goosebumps all over my arm.
Alex kept blabbering about everything he did today. Occasionally he joked making me laugh and after some time I felt light.

“How did you know I was in bad mood? Zayden told you.” I asked staring at my shoes.

“Who else will tell me?” Alex shrugged, “He called me sounding worried and kept on clacking about how sad you looked and practically ordered me to be here in five minutes.”
Alex halted making me turn and look back at him. Slipping his hand inside pockets he asked, “So you feel good now?”

“Yes, Thank you”

“Ouch…” Alex placed his hand over his heart dramatically. “You are making me feel like I am some stranger to you cutie… It's me; your Alex. You don’t have to thank me.”

°°

Later that night I called Noah and spoke my heart out in front of him. He just listened to me patiently without complaining, even he didn’t knew anything about this. He asked me to visit him next week as I was going to visit my in-laws and he happens to stay in the same town as them.

I was twisting and turning on bed, sleep was nowhere near to me.
I turn to face Zayden, he had his eyes closed with his right hand tucked under his head. His face looked serene. I had this strong feeling that the person who texts me as unknown guy is Zayden. He also called me angel today.
I know it kind of slipped out of his tongue but sometimes truth comes out accidentally.

“Zayden?” I whispered

“Yes. Are you scared?” he asked with his eyes still closed. So he wasn’t sleeping all the while.
If I have know the truth then I should start a conversation so maybe if I lie and say I am scared he might speak with me for sometime.

“Yeah. The darkness and the wea—” before I could my sentence he slipped his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I stare at him baffled. What just happened?
My voice was clogged in my throat while my heart thumped against my ribcage. Numerous butterflies took flight in my stomach.

I would have lied to him everyday if I knew he was going to do this. I smile widely while staring at him. He had his eyes closed and he looked serene.

“Anything else?” he asked opening his eyes. He looked directly into my eyes as if he was looking at my soul.
Gulping the lump formed in my throat I question. “Are you the one who texted me with unknown number?”

He peered at me without answering anything. Inhaling deeply he slowly blinked his eyes and asked, “Why do you think it’s me?”

“Because — my heart says it’s you.”

“I don’t know Harriet” he replied closing his eyes.

“So it’s not you?” I question again and this time he kept silent without answering.

°°

After that day I went back to dorm. From tomorrow until next week we had study holiday.
I was reading when my phone chimed with an incoming message with another new number.

Not again!