Exhausted and upset

Chapter twenty-eight: Exhausted and upset (Jacob's POV)

We all had dinner and then called it a night at ten because we had a flight to catch tomorrow morning. Which I realize is now today as I'm woken up by constant poking. 

"Wake up, we have to leave in thirty," she chuckled. 

"Come here," I groaned while pulling her into bed beside me. 

She squealed as I cuddled her. "We have to go," she whispered. "You can take a nap on the flight even though I know you can't sleep on airplanes," she traced my temples with a delicate finger. I sighed and squinted my eyes open. "Come on, shower and get ready," she patted my chest before getting off my bed only for me to pull her back down. I sat her down and held her waist in place as she straddled me. "What are you doing?" she asked while trying to get off and shifting around. 

"Don't do that, it's early," I smirked. 

She smacked a pillow on my face while turning red as I laughed. "Get ready!" she pecked my lips before getting off. I pulled her back one last time for a longer kiss before letting her go. I got up, showered, brushed my teeth, the usual before packing my toiletries in a ziplock and putting it in my suitcase. 

I opened my closet and grabbed black joggers with a white v-neck and a spare hoodie because airplanes are cold before taking my stuff and heading downstairs. I went back upstairs to check on Mads. She was closing up her suitcase when I walked in. 

"Ready?" I asked while running my hand through my damp hair. 

"Yup," she replied as I took the suitcase and carried it downstairs for her. 

She grabbed her phone, charger, portable charger and a cap before we went downstairs. Nick was making breakfast after a minute so we lounged on the couch. 

"Sunnyside up," he handed us both plates. 

"Thanks," I said before I ate while talking to Mads. 

We've both been to Miami a few times, once together which she tried to block out because I threw her goggles into the ocean after pushing her off the boat. Yeah, I wasn't a nice kid back then. We were like ten years old, I think. 

"We should go," Riley said while putting her plate back. 

"One minute," I took Madison's empty plate and washed it with mine before putting them back on the rack. "Let's go," I grabbed mine and Madison's suitcase while Nick grabbed his and Riley's and we headed out to the await the uber. He ordered two. We got into our uber, placing our bags in the trunks before heading off to the airport. 

"You know, you seem awfully excited for someone who's been to Miami before," I laughed while her foot tapped against the floor in excitement. 

"Yeah, but this time I'm going with you when I don't hate you and we're gonna have fun," she squeezed my hand that she was holding. I looked at her in admiration. 

That's real beauty right there. 

"What?" she laughed while bumping her shoulder with mine. 

"I'm just staring," I shrugged innocently. 

"Yeah, yeah," she rolled her eyes while nodding. In about a couple minutes we got there and entered the airport with Nick and Riley, checking our luggage in. 

"We're going through San Francisco, right?" Mads asked as we headed to security. It's seven hours and forty-eight minutes long flight. So we've got a long way to go. We got through security and got all our things together before going to find a place to settle down at. We still had forty-five minutes left till boarding.