~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓔𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ~

Chapter Eight: For A Couple Of Minutes Life Is Good

Crookshanks led the group out the tunnel, Harry and Sirius who each had an arm wrapped around Ron went next, followed by Hermione and then Snape and lastly Pettigrew who was in between Remus and Lina

From her position at the back of the group, Lina could see Harry and Sirius talking and smiling at each other, a small frown graced her features as she watched them.

"Talk to him," Remus said.

"I will" Lina replied, "I just don't know what to say to him though."

"Say to him whatever is on your mind."

"Yeah, I don't think we're ready for that conversation yet."

"What'd you mean?"

"Back in the shack I didn't have to think so much that my dad was there in front of me with everything going on and now he's innocent and he's going to be free, and I'm happy for him, of course, I am but a part of me, a large part is so angry at him. For such a long time and this is horrible to say but I felt like an orphan, I didn't have parents around from the age of three and you raised me and I loved that and, and I don't know exactly what I'm feeling it's all kind of jumbled.

"You're overwhelmed," Remus said, Lina nodded. "That's understandable Lina it really is, but you don't have to talk to him about all that now, but I know both of you and him would feel better if you talked. Remember he hasn't seen you since you were a toddler."

Lina nodded again but stayed silent for the rest of the duration out the tunnel. When they did get out the passage Sirius and Harry helped Ron sit down and Hermione was by his side checking on him, Snape was left on the floor and Lina watched Sirius walked away from them to look at the castle.

"Go talk to him" Remus nudged.

"I can't" Lina replied holding her chained arm up.

Remus waved his wand and the manacle come undone "now you can go."

"But Ron-"

"Lina go," Harry said looking at her.

"Fine" Lina mumbled, and after a deep breath walked to stand next to her dad. They were both looking at the lighted castle, they were silent until Sirius spoke.

"I never realised how beautiful this place was," Sirius said, he looked at the castle remembering the time he spent running around causing trouble and being with his family.

"It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen" Lina replied, "thank you for the Christmas present, by the way, it's the best present I've ever gotten."

"Oh, the Firebolt."

"No, although that was great, no I meant the picture. We don't have many pictures up around the house, especially not of you, I didn't mean that" Lina closed her eyes and cursed herself "sorry."

Next to her Sirius chuckled "I understand" he said, "things must not have been easy for you...because of me."

"It hasn't been that bad, I had a great childhood and yeah people have said things to me over the years but it doesn't bother me anymore, mostly because of my amazing friends. I'm a Hufflepuff you know."

"A Hufflepuff" Sirius smiled "a Hufflepuff."

"That bad?" Lina asked looking at him.

"No. It's perfect."

"Lina! Sirius!" Harry yelled.

Lina spun around, Harry, Ron and Hermione were watching Remus in slight horror as he began to transform into a werewolf.

"He didn't take his potion tonight" Hermione gasped "he's not safe."

"Shit" Lina cursed, her and Sirius ran to the group.

"Run!" Sirius whispered "run! Now!"

"No, I can't" Lina wasn't sure she could do anything but she knew she couldn't leave.

"Leave it to me - RUN!"

Remus began to make a terrible snarling noise, his head was lengthening as was his body, his shoulders hunched, his hair sprouted on his face and hands, which were now curling into clawed paws. Finally, with one more snarl, a fully grown werewolf was before the teens.

Sirius disappeared from Lina's side and reappeared seconds later as his animagi form. The enormous bear sized dog leapt forward and tackled the werewolf away from the teens.

In the process of transforming Remus dropped his wand, Pettigrew picked it up and pointed it, Lina and Harry.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled at Pettigrew before he could do any damage.

Lina pointed her own wand at Pettigrew. "Don't. You. Dare."

It was too late. Pettigrew transformed, his body shrunk and the next thing Lina saw was his rat Pettigrew running through his manacle and disappearing amongst the grass.

The fighting between werewolf Remus and dog Sirius continued, Sirius had gashes across his muzzle and back. Sirius was thrown to the ground, he limped back up to all fours and the two disappeared, only the winning of pain from Sirius could be heard.

"DAD!" Lina screamed and ran in the direction he had disappeared too.

"Lina!" Harry yelled and ran after both his godfather and god sister.

As they ran towards the lake, the atmosphere around them changed, it got colder, the kind of cold that rooted deep within a person, but neither noticed it.

Harry caught Lina and grabbed her arm just as they got to the lake, where Sirius who was now a man again who laid out unconscious and bleeding.

"Dad!" Lina cried again and fell down by his side, Harry was at his other side. That was when the two them, Dementors, at least a hundred of them circling above, slowly moving down.

"We, we need to think of something happy," Harry said raising his wand.

Lina did the same but her mind was becoming increasingly foggy. She thought about her mum and dad, the times she shared with Remus and Tonks, Lucy, Danny and Cedric, his smile, his eyes and the way he made her feel "Expecto Patronum!"

She had to be strong, she had to get the Dementors away from them, her dad was innocent and if the Dementors got close enough they'd - "Expecto Patronum!"

Opposite her Harry was having his own battle with casting the spell, he fought with everything he had to continue chanting. The Dementors got closer, less than ten feet away and hard formed a solid wall around Lina, Sirius and Harry.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Lina and Harry yelled "EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

Lina was close to losing consciousness, but still, she continued to chant until a think weak silver wisp escaped her wand driving away on a few Dementors.

"Harry" she whispered as her eyes began to drop "I can't-"

The last thing Lina saw before she passed out was the good of a Dementor looming closer.