𝟕|𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆

This is the kind of restaurant I could just watch but can never eat in

This is the kind of restaurant I could just watch but can never eat in. The decor in this place was so high class it almost doesn't even feel like a restaurant. There were people dressed moderately fancy, qued up on the entrance waiting to get inside. I meekly followed Adam as he walked right to the entrance as if he owned the place. Wait a minute, does he?

"Mr King, It's so good to see you!" What i assume was the manager greeted him almost immediately, completely ignoring the tens of people standing in line to get inside. The privilege is sickening at this point. "For two" His voice was almost inaudible, and the man immediately gestured us to follow him to a table in the far corner of the restaurant, seemed more of like a private seating.

"Don't tell me you own this place too" We both sat across each other. I haven't been alone with him like this before, or even seen him like this. Every time i was in his company i just try my best to look away and not acknowledge his existence. But now i really don't have a choice. His jaws were slightly clenched, his chocolate brown eyes staring directly into mine. He had a slight rugged beard which i didn't even take into account before, seeing him eye to eye that didn't last only for a minute was so much different than i thought it would be.

"I don't, just know the lady who does" somehow that doesn't feel like it makes it any better. His gaze was still on me, studying me.

Why's he doing that, I feel awkward. fuck say something. Nothing's coming to mind. I gently picked up the menu that was below me. It was tall enough to perfectly cover me from his deathly gaze. Guess i'm hiding behind here until he finds somewhere else to stare at. He's trying to intimidate but guess what.

It's working.

$80 for a tempura? Is this made of gold? I can't afford to eat from here. I should've realized, of course we'd come to the bougiest of places. I miss those $6 fat sushi rolls. I really don't belong here.

I gently placed the menu down to find him on his phone. Busily typing away with his eye brows knitted and his jaws clenched.

"Listen i- i'm not hungry-"

"The food's free"

"Oh"

Well i'll be fucking damned. I at this point in time, do not know how i feel about rich people privilege. I was taught to pay for my own things no matter what. This feels extremely weird. But free food? You got me there.

"Erika told me you're single. Why's that?" Is he always going to randomly ask me the most damning questions?

His eyes were on me again as he placed his phone beside him.

"Why do you want to know so much about me?"

"Like i said, you're part of the kings, i have to know about those that's in it" he smirked. Damn it why is he handsome.

"I'll answer if you do"

"Fine what do you want to know?" He rested his chin on his palm, studying me once more. The restaurant's lighting complimenting his facial structure. Now's my chance to ask him something to really know him.