> NATIVE OF MIND

alexa.

"i think it's a great idea, jack." mom says as she folds the clothes from the laundry.

"no, mom it's not. she hardly knows luke and luke hardly knows her." jack argues, "how comfortable do you think she'll be? huh? hanging out with luke the entire time she has too? she's also never even been to america!"

"it's too late jack." mom says, her voice turned harsher. "the flight is booked for monday."

my eyes grow wide. that's the fucking—

"that's the fucking day after tomorrow, mom!" jack says exactly what i was thinking.

"she'll be fine. stop acting like she's five." mom says, turning toward the both of us. "as for you, alexa georgia, you better get packing."

luke.

"i told you to make sure she wanted to, not force her. you're such a fucking dick luke." calum says, leaning back. "of course she's going to be pissed off and hang up on you. i would've done it too if i were her."

"i thought she would've been more excited and not hang up on me."

my phone buzzes, and i take a look and see.

_alexagh has posted a photo.

calumhood, lizhemmings and 2,384 others liked _alexagh: los angelos better be fucking pretty

_alexagh: los angelos better be fucking pretty.

ca_lumgoy: ur going to los angelos? ARE U SEINF LUKE ???

sierradeaton: i cant wait!!

4soslos: ur seeing luke?

michaelclifford: IM GONAN BEAT YOU AT FORTNITE
  _alexagh: yeah ok

"she seems fine. i don't know what you're talking about, luke." ashton said with a shrug.

"she isn't. trust me she was so upset." i tried to tell him, "she called me a dick, told me i ruined her day, and hung up. does that sound like her being happy, ashton?"

ashton stayed quiet.

"let's see if she wants to call, ask her and see if she's actually mad." michael suggested.

and so, i did as he said.

she responded with a 'k' which couldn't be drier, and said she would call us once she was done doing whatever she was doing.

on my macbook, i hear a ringing noise and answer. she doesn't look like she's in a good mood, but it's better than yesterdays.

"hey." she mumbles.

michael shoves me aside and immediately her mood changes, "kid! how are you doing? whatcha doing?"

"packing!" she says, moving her camera to an unusually small suitcase for visiting me.

"is this all youre packing?" i ask with a frown forming on my face.

she nods, "i don't plan on packing much. plus, i don't necessarily have much."

"we can go shopping when you're here, how about that?"

she shakes her head at a fast pace, "no it's fine. as long as you guys have a washer and dryer it'll be okay."

i wanted to argue with her more, but i decided i would stay quiet.

i caught my eye with ashtons, seeing his eyebrows raised and his face in a concerned look. "why don't you have much?"

she seems like she doesn't want to talk about it anymore, so she responses quietly. "i don't like spending money."

"is that hair dye?" i ask, pointing to the brown hair dye bottle on her desk.

"yes, i wanted to dye it brown because i enjoy it a lot better than blonde hair." she answers, "i'll do it tonight so it's ready by tomorrow."

fuck. tomorrow she's getting on the plane.

"brown haired you looked great." calum says.

"i loved brown haired me."

she takes a sip of her water, but turns her head as our mom walks in.

"hey mom!" i say, waving.

mom does not look like she's in a good mood.

"hey luke, alexa i need to talk to you. well be right back guys." she says, pulling alexa up and into the hallway i assume.

as i start to talk, i study her room.

it's clean. but too clean, the walls have no posters on them, hee closet looks empty but she has no clothes on the floor.

it's like a guest room.

we turn our heads when we hear distant talking in the hallway.

"mom, it'll be fine."

"i know. i should've asked you first since you'll have to endure dad."

i raise my eyebrows.

"i know. i'm sorry you'll have to deal with it, does he know?"

"no."

let me tell you, every single one of us shoots our heads to the camera.

"alexa, don't be sorry."

"i love you mom."

"i love you too, go back to the guys. tell them i say i love them."

she comes back with a grim face, hee eyes aren't as lit up as they normally would be.

"hey, so i should probably start packing with my music on. it's also really late," she points to her window that's open, and surely it is.

"alright, we'll leave you to it. cant wait to see you alex, we love you!"

she says she loves us too, and ends the call.

"what the hell was that?"