CH.51 Hope

Chapter 51

"How are my girls?" Exton sank into bed next to Gemma and kissed her swollen belly before placing his head on her lap.

"We're good, daddy." Gemma put down the book she was reading and ran her hand through Exton curls.

"I was thinking," Exton began as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Maybe we can move the cribs to the other side so you can sit next to the window with them more."

"Hmm," Gemma hummed as she wrapped a finger around his curls.

"And I spoke to the orphanage, they're sending someone tomorrow to pick up all the extra toys and baby materials. That should make Mardick's life a little easier."

"Alright,"

"I also promised I wouldn't say a word but I know you don't like surprises so I'm just giving you heads up, Bella and Mom are planning your baby shower for next week."

"Okay."

Exton peered one eye open and glanced at his mate. Her one word answers were monotoned and lifeless. Her mind was definitely somewhere else. Exton pushed himself up to his elbows and peered at Gemma.

"What's wrong, angel?" He asked.

Gemma dropped her gaze as she felt her heart quiver. Exton observed her momentarily before he moved to sit next to her on the bed and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her head repeatedly as his strong arms wrapped around her like vines.

"I'm scared," Gemma confessed after a while. She felt Exton sigh next to her as his muscles tensed under her cheeks.

"We'll figure it out," Exton tried to comfort her, but his world didn't fool her. They barely felt right in his mind.

"How?" Gemma asked, pushing off him to look into his green eyes.

"I don't know how," Exton said honestly. "But we always find a way. And this time it won't be different either."

"You can't leave us," Gemma pulled Exton closer, her blue smokey eyes filling up with tears.

"I'm not leaving baby," Exton smiled as he captured her lips and kissed her. "Never."

"The girls need you," Gemma couldn't stop herself as the tears ran down her face. "I can't do this without you."

"Angel," Exton moved Gemma's hair out of her face and let his eyes wander over her soft features. "I will move heaven and hell to stay with you."

Gemma's bottom lip trembled as she shut her eyes and took deep breaths to calm herself. She felt Exton's lips brush against his mark on her neck, sending sweet chills all throughout her body. Carefully, she placed her head on his chest as his hands moved over to rub her belly.

"Save all your stress for these two mama," Exton joked. "We'll have our hands full."

Gemma let out a little laugh. Exton's carefree vibe always made her feel at least when she was stressed.

"I miss the lemon garden," Gemma nestled in a bit closer into the curve of Exton's arms.

"Yeah?" Exton asked, his voice low and he moved his lips over the side of Gemma's face and ear. "Should we go back?"

"Now?"

"Sure, why not?"

"It's late."

"In America it's not," Exton hopped off the bed and carefully scooped Gemma into his arms. "Would you like a picnic? Or should we go to the little restaurant outside the garden?"