Chapter 11

Beth heard her phone ringing in the kitchen while she was eating a late lunch with her siblings.

She picked it up right at the end of the ring, missing the call by seconds.

Huffing in frustration because she had not even seen the caller as her phone had been screen down, she checked and saw a missed call from her mother.

Cold dread clenched its fist in her stomach.

Before she could wrestle over calling them back the messages started.

"Call me back now"

"You're supposed to keep your phone on you at ALL times young lady."

"Call me."

"You know damn well you're in trouble so call me before you make it worse on yourself."

"You think it's funny? Call me."

"What do you know about Taehyung?"

Beth's hands were shaking. How? Why? Just when she was safe... How did they know?

"Answer me young lady."

"Call me NOW"

"Beth. Alice. Astair. Call. Me. Back."

Beth couldn't hold her phone any longer, her hands were shaking so hard.

"BETH."

It fell to the floor with a clatter, landing screen up as each message flashed on the screen seconds after the last.

"When we get back you and all your siblings are GROUNDED to your rooms! You'll STAY that way until you tell me what you know about Kim Taehyung."

Then it was her father.

"Stop ignoring your mother."

"Answer her questions."

"The groundation is in place as of now."

"If you don't want the belt you'd better show pictures of everyone in their rooms, doors locked from the outside, then your own."

"Just lock it then go in and close the door."

Her mother.

"Where are the pictures your father is asking for?"

"In case he wasn't clear, you are ALL getting the belt unless you send those pictures, or worse."

Her father.

"I'm waiting."

Beth sprinted out of the room, leaving her phone on the floor.

Not good. 

This was bad.

This was very very bad.

She hid for a moment in the pantry to collect her thoughts.

Their plane had only come in a half hour ago. She had a full two hours to do something if Bernard hadn't picked them up yet.

But what could she do?

Bernard. She had to warn Bernard. FAST.

She darted back out of the closet and dove for her phone and pressed 3, holding it to speed dial Bernard.

He picked up almost immediately.

"Hello Beth."

Her heart dropped into her stomach, which lurched. Her blood froze. That was not Bernard.