Chapter 25

I took in a sharp breath, as I adverted gaze  away from Alexanders curious and frowning ones. I wasn't sure if eyes could frown, but Alexander sure as hell made it look possible.

I hadn't even realised Catelyn used my real name. But could you blame me? Both I was severely used to hearing.

"Can we not talk," I glanced around, "-here?" I said in an uncomfortable tone and I glanced at Catelyns unconscious body.

Alexander stared at me for a few seconds. He then looked at Catelyn, clenching his jaw before looking back at me.

"Fine."

We both started making our way outside and I couldn't help but grimace. Both at the idea of trying to explain this to Alexander and because of the now filthy clothes that stuck to my body with dirt.

Alexander opened his mouth to speak but I bet him to it, trying to stall the conversation we now had to have.

"Right. We'll talk tomorrow. We came with separate cars," I shrugged and didn't bother to think over what I had just said.

"Oh?" Alexander questioned peering around, "-you came here willingly? Got in your own car and drove here?" he said in a serious tone and that's when I closed my eyes for a second.

Kevin had driven me here. My car was still at the bar.

"Exactly. I didn't. I have to catch a taxi to the bar perhaps," I dismissed and began walking the opposite way, however Alexander gripped my arm and pulled me back before I could get far.

"I'll drive you back to the bar," Alexander said as he pulled me close to his body, mouth near my ear.

I didn't reply and simply stared at the ground with a clenched jaw, making my teeth hurt.

"Please," he whispered, "-I insist."

I blew out a breath and looked at him with a grin.

"Sure. That would be great," I shrugged like I wasn't nervous about the upcoming conversation, even if I wholeheartedly was.

Our feet crunched on the graveled surface as we walked towards Alexanders car. It wasn't his nice shiny red one, but a neat, black BMW.

This man had money coming out of all his jacket pockets, I thought distastefully.

Though, Its not like I could talk.

Alexander, being the gentlemen he sometimes is, opened the car door for me and watched me solemnly as I carefully slid in.

The door was shut behind me and Alexander walked around the front of his car to get in.

I rubbed my palms together and deeply inhaled the masculine scent in the car.

"So," Alexander huffed as he closed his door and started up the car, "-you have something to tell me?" he hinted and didn't bother to look over at me and simply started to drive, eyes fixated onto the road.

He tried to make it look casual, as if he weren't all that curious. But he most certainly was.

"I do?" I said in fake confusion and Alexander visibly sped up as the trees blurred past us.

"Victoria," he firmly stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine," I grumbled and stared out my window, "-Catelyn called me Samantha because," I paused and glanced at him.

"-well, because, that's my name," I simply shrugged and watched Alexander furrow his eyebrows as he frowned.

I sighed and looked ahead, "-well my real name."