46

It didn't take long for Maddie and Zach to make it back home after their meeting at Monet's

It didn't take long for Maddie and Zach to make it back home after their meeting at Monet's. "Hey, Maddie, Zach, how was your guys day?" Karen asks while turning around to face them from the kitchen. "Pretty well, thanks." Maddie responds and Zach nods with a smile. "Well, I don't have a snack for you guys today, but I'll go to the store tomorrow. But dinner will be done in about an hour, you can do homework until then, or whatever you would like." The teens smiled and thanked their mother before heading off down the hallway to go to their rooms. Honestly Maddie really appreciated their mom taking the time to really lay back some and not be so hard on the three of them.

Maddie made it into her room and sighed turning around only to be met by Zach. "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you were good." He says looking at her, this whole thing was just beginning to get so big, nobody had anticipated it going this far. "Yeah, no, I'm fine. Just a little worried that's all. But I know what I did and didn't do, so I know in the end I'll be okay." Maddie smiles reassuringly, but she only wished she could see how this trial would pan out before it started.

Maddie felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and she quickly took it out. "Hey, what's up?" Maddie asks sighing through her nose hoping Justin wouldn't hear it, she knew she needed to talk to him, she had forgiven him so fast because he didn't hook up with Jessica that she had forgotten about the fact that he was there the night Jessica was raped, and in a way he was just as much responsible, at least from Hannah's point of view, and she really needed to know for sure what happened.

"Hey, listen I really need a place to stay." His voice was dry and cracking and she could almost hear his tears. She stood up straight more now, almost completely forgetting about what was on her mind not more than five seconds ago. "Again? What happened?" She asked her voice thin like paper.

"Seth, he uh, he grabbed me by my throat and threw me against the wall and told me to get out." She could hear the desperation and hurt in his voice. "Justin, I'm so so sorry that happened. Are you okay, do you need me to meet you anywhere? What about your mother?" She didn't mean to ask so many questions but she was worried, no matter what he did she would always worried and care about him. "No, I can get there and yes I'm okay but my mom just stood there, and then walked after him, him." Maddie covered her mouth before racking her hand through her hair. "I'll meet you at the front door." Is all she can say before hanging up, she couldn't hear him like that. So she went outside and waited for him to show up.

"Maddie, time to wake up, we need to leave in thirty minutes." Karen says from outside Maddie's door attempting waking her up. Maddie quickly listens and sits up, she'd been up for awhile but she wasn't ready so she hopped up and went to her closet to grab the nice dress she had picked out and her shoes.

When she came out of her bedroom she was dressed nicely and had a light coat of makeup as well as her hair folded neatly over her shoulders with curls. "You look beautiful, is Justin ready as well?" She questions only for Maddie to shake her head. "He left before I got up this morning, I think he wanted to try and talk to Jessica again." Maddie says fiddling with her bracelet. "Oh, well, I don't know why he's trying to talk to other girls when he has you." Mrs. Dempsey says as Zach walks into the living room in a suit and tie. "Not like that, he's trying to fix something he broke." Maddie explains and Karens nods dropping the topic to lead the siblings out to the car.