Old Habits Die Hard

When Zeke pulled his stunt in high school I never fully recovered from that, being embarrassed every day until graduation day was torture. 

So when I went to a good college and left my home town I pushed myself to be the best I could be. After graduation I got offered a job in New York working for a big company, the CEO was Ian and he ran the company without mercy until I showed up.  Ian and I were together through everything, and I thought we were soul mates, well that was until Anne. 

 Anne was my friend from college, we were dorm mates and we were best of friends. I even had her moving with me to New York and later on, she was able to get a job where I worked. Back then I thought it was the best time of my life until my life turned upside down. 

Looking back now how could I be so daft to think she was a friend all those times we stayed up late talking about everything, was it just for nothing? 

I start work soon and I can't help but think how stupid I was to be so dumb, to almost give myself to my boss and his brother. What on god's green earth has gotten into me? 

I owe myself a new life to start over and think fresh. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up this morning feeling as though something was off and couldn't quite pinpoint it. I get up from my bed and go do my morning routine of getting ready as I get further along in my process I feel as though I'm being watched which is impossible due to no windows in my closet of a bathroom.

I shrug off the feeling due to possible jitters of my first day at work, I walk out and head towards the kitchen and see a beautifully put plate of breakfast, and my stomach growls with hunger. I gorge myself with the delicious food and thank Angiola. 

I grab my keys to head to work and put the address into the GPS ready to start my day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling nervous, I get out of my car and walk through the ginormous doors, I head towards the elevator doors and press the button. Upon my arrival I see from the corner of my eyes people staring, I look at my reflection from the elevator doors at my appearance and see nothing wrong with my outfit. 

"What the hell is everyone looking at?" a demanding voice echo's the foyer 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------