Chapter 2

Chapter 2

- Ryder's POV -

After the last hour of school I had hopped onto my motorcycle and zoomed off towards the fighting warehouse. This was where I could clear my mind.

Today had been a busy day of girls constantly throwing themselves at me and kissing my ass. I had gotten so used to the fact that I was simply irresistible.

My hands were aching to punch something and let all my stress out.

I had walked in ready to relax when a sight I saw made me stop.

Ruby punched Henry right in the jaw and then in the groin. I winced myself and stared in awe and confusion.

She could fight?

I had no idea what to think. I knew she was a little different from everyone else. She had that mysterious bad vibe coming from her.

I was intrigued by it.

She stalked off to the back of the gym and I noticed all the guys' staring at her. They were scared of her, and frankly, I was too. But just a little.

I made sure she wouldn't see me and then went over to get a bottle of water. She took off her jacket was only wearing a sports bra underneath. I couldn't stop staring at her toned body.

What the hell?

I shook my head and ignored my thought.

- Ruby's POV -

I took off my jacket and pulled my brown hair up into a ponytail. The band twisted around the second time but then snapped suddenly. I groaned in frustration.

Curse my freaking thick hair.

I turned around to my bag to grab another hairband but then jumped slightly at the sight of Ryder leaning against the wall.

"Are you stalking me?" I asked.

He chuckled and shifted his balance onto his other leg. "Whatever floats your boat, babe." Did he just really call me 'babe'? That bastard.

"Then what are you doing here?"

He stood up straight and walked over to the bench I was standing by. "I could ask the same for you."

"I asked first."

"Fine," he let out a sigh, "I train here."

I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms over my chest, suddenly aware of how I was only wearing a sports bra and shorts.

"Why are you here?" he asked me.

"I just started training here." I answered.

He looked at me and then smirked. "Need some help training?"

I scoffed and turned back around, tying my hair up with my new hairband. "No thanks. I'm done taking orders from amateurs."

He glared at me before leaning back against the wall. I looked over at him and he waved his hand. "Go on."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the punching bag. Taking my stance, I got ready to start swinging hits when an annoying voice interrupted me.

His annoying voice to be exact.

"You need to have more weight on your back leg." He started. I turned around and glared at him. He had the nerve to smile.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Your weight," he walked closer, "it needs to be more on your back leg. You're depending too much on your front foot."

He got into the same stance I was in. "See? If you stand like you are now, you'll topple over. Lean back the weight..."

"Thanks, but I don't need a coach." I said back. But even though I tried to sound annoyed, I knew he was right. He looked over at me with a smirk and I internally rolled my eyes. I felt kind of silly letting him stand there and watch me while I slammed my fists into the bag.

Mentally, I made Ryder's face appear on the bag in front of me and I punched it with all my might.

That stupid little... (punch)

Who does he think he is? (punch)

Telling me what to do... (punch)

"Whoa, don't go breaking your knuckles and the bag sweetheart," his voice interrupted my thoughts.

I stopped and glared at him. "Could you possibly not be here and not criticize me?" I retorted.

"What would be the fun in that cutie?"

Did he just seriously call me that?

I stalked over to him and shoved my fist against his hard chest. "Listen up, punk. I don't care how you spend your time. Whether it's banging up a few girls or partying all night, I don't care, but I will not, I repeat, will not let you smirk around and act all smug and cocky towards me. Your first impression for me wasn't good, and frankly, first impressions are extremely important. So great job. I now think of you as a pathetic son of a bitch."

His face was emotionless and pale. His mouth was slightly open and he was stiff as a board. I turned on my heel, grabbed my bag, and walked out of the gym. I could've sworn that there was steam blowing out of my ears.

Guess I'm never training here again.

Well, that was fun to write.

I really hope your enjoying it so far, sorry that there's some grammar errors, but don't worry! I'll be back to edit them later.

I really don't know what to say, I guess. I'm just really happy that I'm writing a book after all. I've written a few but their on my laptop and not on Wattpad, maybe I'll upload them another time?

Anyways, I contacted some authors who I love, and they recommended a few tips. I also wanted to share with you guys some incredibly awesome books. They're not on Wattpad, but they are amazing. You can buy or download them at Barnes and noble and other stores.

1.The Lunar Chronicles. (includes books such as book #1: Cinder. Book #2: Scarlet. Book #3: Cress. And book #4: Winter will be coming out 2015!!!) they're so amazing!

2.The Maze Runner series. SO GOOD!!!! My absolute favorite post-apocalyptic movie and books! Dylan O'Brien is so hot and amazing in the movie!

Well, that's it for the author's note.

Have a fantastic day, much love,
-Anne :)