Home Is On The Way. Part 1.

6. HOME IS ON THE WAY P.1

Seeing the consistent growth in Lucious since their divorce, Cookie wonders if third times a charm.

Watching Lucious pour them a glass of white wine in the corner of the room, Cookie crossed a leg over the other and leaned back on the couch. Now it was just her and Lucious, she took a moment to think about the song he had written for Yana. She snorted, lowly. She thought after all these years, and all the women he'd ran through, that his ass would be much slicker and know better than to give a song, undeniably, inspired by the love of his ex-wife to his new 'girl'. Cookie shook her head. She couldn't even take the relationship seriously. Yana had been setting herself up for heartache from the jump, and Cookie had warned her of the type of man Lucious was and she hadn't listened. Although, she had felt bad for her when she watched the light dim from her eyes over the realisation that Lucious did not love her the way she loved him. Well, the fact Lucious did not love her at all. Cookie pouted, poor baby.

"Here's to my favourite ex-wife," Lucious proclaimed in that usual tone that shone pure amusement as he sauntered toward her with two wine glasses. Cookie watched him with a slight smile. "So nice we divorced twice." He mused as he handed her the glass. Cookie chuckled, shortly, at his little rhythm. Ole peg leg thought he was a comedian, apparently.

Cookie's lips twisted for a moment, pondering over whether or not she should bring up the song. "Huh, yeah," she quipped as they clinked glasses. "We do make a great team." she slowly drew out, bowing her head. Her eyes never left Lucious' as she curled her fingers around her wine glass.

She took a purposely slow sip on her wine as she eyed Lucious. Cookie couldn't deny the sexual tension swimming up in the air. She didn't know where it had come from. One minute, they're putting details together for Bossy Feast, next minute they're eyeing each other down, daring the other to make a move and risk it all. That was just the effect they had on each other Cookie supposed.

"Damn right we do," Lucious affirmed; his eyes darkened as he took in the devilish look his bold ex-wife was giving him. Their intense stare on the other never faltered as Lucious pressed his lips together, waiting for her to say something. Through his eyes, he dared her to be the bold woman he knew she was.

'You know what? Damn it.' Cookie thought to herself as she lowered the glass from her lips and pursed her dark red-stained lips. "You know, um...that's a beautiful song you wrote...for Yana," Cookie brushed her hair away from her face as she tried to stop herself from chuckling. She dared Lucious to sit there and lie to her face about the song which was exactly what she knew he was about to do.

"Thank you." He said, solemnly. "I'm really proud of that song, I-" for the first time during their heated stare down, he glanced away, looking into his lap as he continued to speak. Cookie cocked her head to the side, genuinely interested in what he had to say. "Felt like it captured the pure essence of...true love." At the mention of 'pure love', Lucious peered up into her hooded eyes that said more than her lips ever could.

"Hm," Cookie's head rose as she pursed her lips together. She knew this man wasn't about to try and pass of Yana as his true love. Having enough of the charades, she sucked in the inside of her cheek as she tilted her head to the side. "Well, I could've sworn those were the wedding vows you made to me."

At her words, both their minds went back to that special day many years ago:

"You, me, and our baby. That's all I need. That's all I'm ever gonna need. You feel me?"

Lucious was stunned for a moment. He didn't know what to do. Did he confess? Or continue to act nonchalant? What good would it do to confess that he still loved the woman in front of him? She'd demanded the divorce still knowing his love for her ran as deep as the ocean. So, did he take a gamble and confess again? Only to be shut down. Or brushed off? Was it worth it?