Chapter 24

"So before my best friend gets murdered by his siblings, can we actually hang out? Or did you come over here just to bicker in our kitchen?" Shinso said, finally catching Izuku's attention.

"Oh crud, yeah we can hang out Shin, sorry." Izuku said a bit sheepishly. He had almost forgotten why he had snuck out in the first place.

"And what the hell are we supposed to do? As soon as your psychopath of a sister sees us, we're dead." Katsuki pointed out.

"Just stay with me, I'll protect you from the little girl, Kacchan." Izuku said, his tone light and teasing. It managed to make Shoto smile, and Shinso laugh.

"Ha! 2-A are scared of little girls!" Monoma mocked.

"You're not? Have you seen Himiko Toga? She'd gut you before you could blink, copy cat." Izuku said harshly. He could tease class 2-A and his own sister all he wanted, but the second someone else tried, he'd shut them down. They might be idiots, but god damn it they were his idiots at that point.

"Oh shit, you're the villain kids, right? The ones everyone's been freaking out about?" Kendo piped up. It wasn't an accusing tone, just curious. She trust the judgement of the teachers and if they were willing to give the villains a second chance, who was she to argue?

"Yeah, got a problem with it?" Izuku asked suspiciously. His family had been berated for to much over the three weeks they were at the school, he was keeping his guard up.

"Oh not at all, just making sure I can keep this one in line." She said, pointing a thumb in Monoma's direction. "Welcome to UA." She added with a smile.

Izuku hesitantly smiled back, unsure if she was being genuine or not. "Thanks..."

"Okay, I'm stealing him now. See ya." Shinso said, grabbing Izuku's arm and pulling him to the elevators.

"Hey, fuck you. We're coming with." Katsuki said grumpily as he and Shoto followed after them.

"You know, when I asked to hang out, I didn't think you'd bring your guard dogs with." Shinso commented lightly as they all stepped onto the elevator.

"Trust me, not guard dogs. If anyone gets that title it's Dabi and Shigaraki." Izuku said, thinking back to what happened with Katsuki at the beginning of the week. He wasn't the only one thinking about it. Katsuki subconsciously rubbed his, now healed, nose.

"Oh really? Not Toga?" Shinso asked back with amusement clear in his tone. He didn't know about what had happened, so he didn't get the underlying meaning behind Izuku's words.

Izuku seemed to be lost in thought, not even realizing what he was saying. "She wasn't the one who tried to bash Kacchan's face in."

"Huh?" Shinso asked bewildered.

Katsuki groaned, knowing that the purple haired boy would never let him forget the fact he had actually gotten his ass handed to him, even if it was voluntary.

"Nothing." He hissed.

Shinso seemed to connect the dots. Katsuki hadn't gone to Recovery Girl until later in the school day for his injuries, so a lot of kids noticed the black eye and busted lip. "No shit, they didn't have a scratch on them. Did you even fight back?" He asked with a sarcastic laugh.

"No." Katsuki admitted, beyond caring.

Shinso was definitely not expecting that answer and stayed quiet, unsure of what to say.

Thankfully the elevator dinged a few seconds later, letting them all out of the small and tense metal box.

"Thank God, it was starting to get awkward." Shoto stated.