Chapter 2: The Meeting of Two Heroes

Deku groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He looked around and found himself in a bed and realized that he was in a bedroom. The walls were stone, and the ceiling was wood. On the far side of the room was a round window with two planks forming a cross shape.

He sat up and grunted as he felt a pain in his chest. He looked down and saw that the shirt part of his hero costume was gone; and in place of where his shirt was were some bandages. He suddenly felt nervous as he realized that his secret identity was exposed.

Did that girl Shantae do this? He thought. Why did she help me? Is she around? I hope I can thank her soon.

He started to try and stand up; as soon as he started to get up, he clutched his chest and helped in pain.

"Whoa! Easy, easy," said a familiar voice. "You have a nasty wound on your chest. You need to rest."

Deku looked over and saw Shantae looking at him with concern. As soon as he saw her, his face turned bright red. Shantae was no longer her outfit from earlier; but her current outfit was enough to make any boy blush. She was now wearing white pajamas with pink bows on the shoulder straps and the top of her pajama pants. Like her outfit from earlier, her belly was on full display.

 Like her outfit from earlier, her belly was on full display

Shantae approached him with a worried expression. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Deku nodded while still blushing.

Shantae smiled in relief. "Oh, that's good. Thank you for helping me. I'm Shantae, the genie guardian of Scuttle Town. And you are?"

"D-deku," he answered. "M-my name is Deku."

"No, what's your real name?" Shantae asked.

Deku felt nervous about telling her his real name. Shantae saw his face and smiled at him reassuringly.

"It's okay," she said. "I won't tell anyone. I promise."

"O-okay," Deku stuttered. "M-my real name is Izuku M-midoriya."

Shantae smiled and giggled cutely. "That's a strange name," she said. "But I like it. It sounds very cute!"

Midoriya's blush deepened. "H-how did I get here?"

Shantae sat down beside the hero and looked at him. "I brought you here to my home. Here's what happened..."

One hour ago...

Shantae held onto the hero who saved her. "Oh, no," she cried. "Hang on! Stay with me!"

She glared at the pirate who was responsible for hurting the boy. "YOU MONSTER," she yelled angrily.

Risky laughed and jumped onto her ship. "Take care of your boyfriend," she called. "We'll meet again."

With that, the pirate queen sailed away while laughing evilly. Shantae glared at her rival before looking down at the boy on her lap.