Eighty

Benjamin sits down next to his father as he spoke loudly. "No. I don't want him in therapy, I want him in rehab!"

"Rehab! He took a few pills!? That's so extreme, do you wanna send him away?"

"A few pills? He was taking two a day for almost a month! Do you know how much that is? And then he switched them when he ran out? A that's drug behavior!"

"No! I'm not sending him away! We can try therapy and if that doesn't help then maybe we can revisit the idea!"

"Absolutely not! You don't get to make all the decisions!"

Benjamin gets up and walks into his dads' kitchen. He puts his hands over his ears and he tears up.

Anna walks in, frowning. She grabs a cup, filling it with water and walking over to Benjamin. Benjamin removes his hands, grabbing it and taking a sip.

"Sorry".

Anna smiles, "Don't apologize. Nothings your fault".

Benjamin nods and looks down at the cup, hearing his mother's cries. "That's my baby! Do you understand Damien? My baby-...And I don't know what's really going on! He's hurting and I-...I can't let him go".

Benjamin furrows his brows, letting his tears fall. Anna frowns and sets a hand in his shoulder.

"It's okay".

*
Noah shoots a basket, shaking his head. Elly was with him as he said he needed to clear his head.

Elly furrows her brows, "You okay, compa?"

Noah turns to looks at her, "Huh?"

"Ya form is off. Lookin' like you don't know what you doing". Elly walks over, grabbing the ball.

Noah shakes his head, shrugging. "I just...Can't stop thinking about Benny. Fuck! I wanna like...Curb stomp Kiara and her bitchy friends".

"I understand. Have you talked to him?"

"Uh. He's at his dad's house. His mom doesn't wanna leave him home alone at the moment".

"I get that. So...What's the plan? Like...Is he okay...Or?"

Noah shrugs and sits down on the bench. Elly follows, walking over and spinning the ball on her finger.

"He was...So broken...He is so broken. They hurt him so bad...I just can't. If you could've heard the hurt in his voice when he spoke to me and his mom".

Elly stops spinning the ball, frowning. "He's gonna be okay, compa. He's so strong, come on".

"I-I know but...I have to take care of him. He needs me. He's never had someone to take care of him...He was always adjusting to everyone else to please them and it's so fucking heartbreaking".

Elly smiles playfully punching him. "You're so in love, kid. It's kinda cute".

Noah smiles back and rolls his eyes. "Yeah...Maybe I am".

**
Noah walks into his house, setting down his bag and his basketball. His father, José walks in, smiling.

"Mijo. How was basketball?"

"It was good. Hey, can I talk to you? It's kinda serious?"

Noah's mother, whose name was Selena looks over. She walks over, putting her hands on Noah's cheeks, frowning. "Papi? Are you okay? It's serious and your face reads it all".

Noah chuckles softly and removes his moms' hands from his face. "Yeah...It is".

"Oh! Well...Sit! Sit".