21

Leia's Pov

"Tsk, good for her," I mumbled to myself as Lia and I walk through the campus. It's White Day and everywhere we go there are couples holding hands or show off the gift that their lovers bought.

"Is that really necessary?" I grimaced at the sight of their PDA.

"Are you jealous?" Lia laughed.

"No." ....just a bit envious.

"Just saying if there's a boy or girl trying to give you a gift then immediately decline it." There's a hint of protectiveness in her voice.

"Unnie, I don't think there's anyone is going to do that." No one likes this potato, Lia.

"And plus I am an independent woman. I think I'm old enough to decide for myself."

"No, you're not. You can only date a guy or a girl if I approve of them." Lia insisted.

"Uhh, who says you can do that?" I asked.

"Your parents. Well, remember when we were kids? They said I can have the right to act as your guardian."

"Well, then what kind of person would you let me date?" I questioned out of curiosity.

"I think some of the itzy girls is suitable."

"Like who?" Can that girl be... Ryujin then?

"I don't know, how about you choose hm? Besides, you sound really excited." She teasingly responded. "Who would you date?"

"If I were to choose one of the ITZY members, I would want to date..." I'm not sure if I should really tell Lia this.

"I would date R-"

"Shhh be quiet!!"

Lia and I quickly turn around when a loud sound interrupted the conversation. Not far away, ITZY smile awkwardly at us in the nearby tree. Omfg, I almost got caught.

"Yah! Yuna! You ruined it!" Chaeryeong complained.
"We almost heard the answer!"

"Yah! What are you guys doing?" Lia gives them the look as they walk closer.

I made eye contact with Ryujin for a half a second before I quickly divert my gaze out of nervousness. Thank god I didn't say it.

"We were just... trying to catch up with you guys." Yeji, that was such a fake smile.

"Stalker." Lia spat.

"Anyways what were you about to say, Leia?" Yujin asked with a smart ass tone like she already knows the answer. Nvm, she does.

"Obviously Yuna, right?" Yuna smiled cutely.

"Hahaha..." I laugh nervously look at her not knowing what to answer.

"I was going to say... no one." I ended up lying. "Cause all of you are my friends."

"Hehehe." Lia laughed hysterically. "You got friend-zoned."

"That hurts," Chaeryeong commented.

"Aww..." Yuna's shoulders dropped. Ah man, what have I done...

Third Person

Class is over and Leia tiredly walking home with her head low. Today was a tiring day for her because not only that she almost spilled her secret, but that she also realizes that the secret of her wanting to date Ryujin means that she already developed feelings for Ryujin.

"Ahhhh wae!!" Leia yelled out of frustration, ignoring the weird look people gave her.

"This is a lie. There's no way I have feelings for her!" Leia tried to convince herself but deep inside she knows that all the confusing feelings for the last few days were because of the one and only Ryujin.

"It's a 'like' thing not a 'love' thing so the feelings will go away soon... right?"

"It will go away... I'll make sure it will go away."

Ryujin watches as the younger girl having a mental breakdown. Although she doesn't know what's exactly going on, she secretly laughs to herself at the sight of her being weird due to frustration.

"What will go away?" It was only a few words but it sends thousands of butterflies to Leia's stomach.

"W-when did you get here?" Leia tried to remain calm.

"Just now." Ryujin simply answered. "What were you doing?"

"Nothing!" Leia hastily responded.

"Doesn't seem like nothing to me." Ryujin lean closer, curious about why she's not facing the Ryujin like usual. 

"Are you sick?" Ryujin places her palm over her forehead to feel the temperature. "Why are you so red?"

Leia swallowed hard as she shakes her head because she was too speechless to answer. Leia steps back, afraid she could hear Leia's fast heartbeat.

"Your temperature is fine." Ryujin retreats her hand as she let out a gummy smile at Leia's tomato cheeks. "It's so cute." Ryujin thought to herself.

"There's a party tomorrow so if you're not feeling well then you shouldn't go." She told Leia.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot," Leia mumbled as she remembers about some party that ITZY's friends are throwing tomorrow. "Argh, I don't really want to go."

"Same, I'll rather sleep at home." Ryujin sighed. "But I know they'll come over and drag me along anyway."

"Ah, I almost forgot," Ryujin said and Leia observed as Ryujin took out something from her backpack. 

"Here!" She handed to her a gift bag and Leia's eyes almost popped out of its sockets. It was the same gift bag that she saw yesterday.

"Unnie..." Leia's shaky hands reach for the bag. "Thank you."

So the anonymous J was me, not Jeon Heiran?

"You said girls like a gift and they want the other person to put some heart in it," Ryujin stated. "So I did put some heart to it and but what you like best, food."

Leia peeked inside the bag to see what it was. A box of luxury chocolate. Half of her was celebrating but half was afraid she'll fall for Ryujin even more after this.

"You're so extra." Leia smiled joyfully. "But I'll enjoy this, thank you!"

"You're welcome." Ryujin was satisfied to see the happy smile on her face that Ryujin was looking for while buying the chocolate.

However, after a short moment of celebration, Leia starts to ask herself about Heiran.

"Did you bought Heiran unnie something?"

"Nope." Ryujin straight forward reply.

"No way..." All sorts of imagination going through Leia's head.

"Because I'm paying for the date tonight anyway." Ryujin finished her sentence and Leia's heart sank.

"Of course."

"When did you ask her for a date?" Leia asked.

"I didn't. She asked me first, can't you believe it?" Ryujin smiled.

"Wow, good job," Leia responded emotionlessly.

Leia suddenly has a feeling that she should stop helping Ryujin before she regrets anything... Even if there's no food as a result, she would still give up on helping Ryujin with Heiran.