Sign Of The Times.

"Just stop... your cryin... it's a sign of the times.." I sing as softly as I can at the piano, plunking out notes as I sing. Mitch, Harry, and Jeff are all bickering back and forth behind me while people circulate through the room.

We're supposed to be writing, and working right now, but Harry, Mitch, and Jeffrey can't seem to come to a decision on whether some song called Medicine should be put on the album or not. I've never heard it, but personally I think right now we should finish writing the songs, and then decide which ones are actually going to be on the album..

"Just stop your cryin it'll be alright... We can meet again somewhere... Somewhere far away from here." I sing to myself, the happiness I'm feeling immense inside.. It is a sign of the times... It is time to stop crying, and move forward... It is-

"Well how about we do what Harry says." Harry speaks out in third person.

"What Harry says is stupid, and pointless." Mitch points out, and I smirk, as my fingers move back and forth on the piano.

"No offense Mitch but shut up." Harry barks back.

"Why don't all three of you shut up, and listen to what Cherry's playing right now because that's a song that could actually be on the album.." Sarah walks fully into the room now, sitting down next to Mitch, and I freeze, all eyes on me now.

"Oh I was just... I was just messing around, it's not... uhmmm." I look back to the piano. "I don't really have anything written but a few words, it just kinda came in my brain, and I sang it." I shrug.

"Well what is it so far?" Harry asks, and I turn back to the keys. F chord... D minor chord.... C chord......

"Just stop your crying it's a sign of the times... Um, remember everything will be alright.." I sing lightly, and keep the chords playing for a second before stopping, and turning over my shoulder. "I was just playing around, you can continue your... conversation." I shrug, and Harry shakes his head.

"Start over, start over with the same chords.." He tells me, and I look to my journal. He grabs it for me, and takes my pen too, writing chords for me as I play, but he sings this time, not me. "Just stop your crying it's a sign of the times... Welcome to the final show... I hope you're wearing your best clothes..." He sings, and his voice is beautiful, almost haunting right now with the way it sounds...

"You can't bribe the door on your way to the sky... You look pretty good down here, but you ain't really good." I sing out, interrupting his words, but he writes it down. He looks at me as he picks the song up again, singing out lyrics.

"We never learn we've been here before. Why are we always fuckin running from... the bullets? Your bullets...." He sings in a falsetto, and I listen to the pretty sound, hearing Mitch join in with his guitar following the chords I play.

"We never learn we've been here before... Why are we always fuckin running from the bullets... Your bullets?" I harmonize with him, adding another layer to the beauty of this piece. Right as Mitch slows I build the piano, feeling the music under my fingers, keeping the chords going strong, feeling it in my chest as I do.

"Just stop your crying it's a sign of the times.. We gotta get away from here... We gotta get away from here." I sing out louder this time, more heavy.

"Just stop your crying it will be alright... They told me that the end was near.. We gotta get away from here.." Harry finishes out the chorus, and I smile, my fingers staying still now.

"That was... Well that was fucking awesome." Sarah speaks out.

"Are you going to put that one on the album, or are you going to pretend it's not a good song just like medicine?" Jeffrey asks, and Harry rolls his eyes.