VII: little family

"So YN, how old are you," Jungkook pipes up from across the table. This earns him a slap on the head from Namjoon. The bunny man hisses in pain as Haru giggles at her Uncle.

"YAH! She hasn't even been here for an hour and you're already trying to date her. Your noona kink is showing, Guk," Jin scolds from across the table, glaring at the boy.

"I just turned 25 in August," I reply, continuing to munch on my muffin. Damn, this muffin is good.

"Guk, she isn't going to date you," Yoongi speaks from beside me, making me confused. How did he know I wouldn't?

"Hyung is getting jealous!!" Jimin and Taehyung tease, earning a giggle from Noah.

"I'm not. I'm just saying, she already teaches kids for a living. She doesn't need to date one," Yoongi replies nonchalantly, sipping on his coffee.

"Yoongi-ah! That was an amazing roast!! Up top!" Jin compliments, reaching across me, offering Yoongi a high five, which Yoongi lazily gives.

"Sorry, Jungkookie. I'm not really into younger men," I wink at the boy, causing a blush to erupt across his cheeks.

"I guess Yoongi hyung is more your type," He answers. Before anyone else can react, I sip too much coffee and end up choking on it. I quickly put my cup down, wrapped my left arm around Chunhei, who's still perched comfortably on my lap, and cough into my right elbow, trying to compose myself.

"Jeon Jeongguk!" Sora scolds from across the table, swatting at the boy. Yoongi rushes over to me and begins patting my back. Chunhei, the ever loving child she is, also begins softly patting my back.

"Thank you, Yoongi. Thank you, sweetie," I thank, composing myself and sending a glare towards Jungkook's way.

"They look like a cute little family," Jimin not-so-quietly whispers to Tae. Yoongi's head whips around to face the two boys and he shoots them a hard glare. I grab Yoongi's arm, giving it a reassuring squeeze, and he visibly relaxes.

"You guys are hilarious. I'm glad you guys welcomed me into your group," I giggle. I lift Chunhei from my lap and tell the group that I really should be leaving to do my grocery shopping. Sora quickly fusses over me and packs me a croissant before allowing me to leave the cafe. I hug Noah and Haru goodbye. They easily let me go, but Chunhei was a different story.

"Nooooo, don't leave me, YN," She whines, gripping tightly on my leg, preventing me from leaving the cafe.

"I'll see you Monday, silly girl! Please let go of my leg. I need to buy ingredients for your cookies," I coax, trying the bribing method.

"Min Chunhei! Let YN go and get back here!" Yoongi scolds walking towards the entrance where Chunhei has held me hostage. He bends down and tries to pry her off me. With no luck, Yoongi straightens up and apologizes.

"Well then I guess you won't have any chocolate chip cookies to snack on," I frown. She quickly realizes the severity of holding me back and lets me go. I giggle at her reaction. I look over and see the rest of the group watching us in awe.

"I'll see you on Monday," I crouch down to her level, seeing her pouting face, "I'll have your chocolate chip cookies by then, sweet girl. Don't miss me too much!" I pull her into a hug and she returns it, squeezing me harder than I expected.

"Bye, YN! I miss you already," She speaks up as I let go of her.

"It will be Monday before you know it, kitten," I use the nickname I've heard Yoongi use on her multiple times today. I bend down and place a small kiss on the top of her head. Her shoulders relax and she slowly loosens her grip around my hips. Yoongi walks over and picks up Chunhei. She relaxes into her father's arms and places her head into the crook of his neck.

"I'll see you soon, munchkin," I blow one last kiss to her and wave to the rest before exiting the cafe.

________________________________________________________________________________

DECEMBER

monday morning:

"Good morning, class," I greet my students first thing in the morning.

"Good morning, Ms. Lee!" A bunch of excited small voices answer back making a grin spread across my lips.

"Ok, I'm gonna go around the classroom and tape a note for your parents in your homework notebooks. Please take out your notebooks and wait patiently for me to tape your letters," I explain, turning on their daily educational video. Their attention quickly turns to the projected videos as I tape the newsletter into their notebooks.

To finish off this unit before winter break, I've decided to hold a career day for my class. This unit was focusing on what they wanted to be when they grew up and before they finish their projects on it, I wanted to invite parents to talk about their jobs so the kids could have more inspiration for their projects.

Dear Parents,

As we prepare to finish up our first semester, I'd like to update you about your child's upcoming final project before winter break. Their final project will be a painting and a story about what they want to be when they get older. To give some of the students some inspiration, I'd like to invite you all to come to our class on Monday, December 10, to present on your career. Please email me at leeyn@gmail.com before December 10 to confirm whether or not you will be presenting. Hoping to hear from you soon! Should any questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to contact me.