27

It sucks being an omega because once you are one that's all you are. An omega, meant to bow your head and speak politely. Meant to serve your alpha and take care of his needs.

It rocks being Kim Taehyung because being Taehyung means you don't let people walk all over you. You make your own decisions and give demands. You're the one in charge and you're the one on top.

But being an omega and Kim Taehyung might even suck more than just being a regular omega. Because everything about the man screams alpha, yet his body doesn't.

No matter how much he eats, trains and tries to get strong his body refuses. He's worked the past years on learning how to defend himself, how to fight with skill instead of strength and how to take a hit. He's a good fighter and can overpower a weak alpha if luck is on his side but a strong, healthy alpha will always win over him, no matter how much skill he has. He will always be the weaker one.

And he doesn't want to discourage boys like Yoongi who grow up knowing they'll be an omega and that's what people will forever see them as. Of course there's fellow omega's but he doesn't fit in with them, they quickly run when he doesn't bow down for any and every alpha coming his way.

But at least he has Namjoon and Hoseok, who believe in the same he does. Who don't want to be seen as just an omega and each in their own way try to find their place in the world as themselves, not as just an omega.

It's a hard life and it comes with tears, broken hearts and broken dreams but at least he's true to himself.

But loosing Jungkook just hit him hard. He had hoped that out of all people Jungkook would understand how much Taehyung didn't want to be just another omega. And when the younger eventually understood, then came realisation that Jungkook is an alpha, with alpha instincts.

No alpha would ever want an omega like Taehyung.

Yet it hurts because he had hoped Jungkook would understand that he couldn't ever be the perfect omega. He had hoped being Taehyung would be enough.

But it isn't.

Looking down a few rows he sees the alpha taking notes. He should be taking notes too but he can't get himself to do anything but feel sorry for himself and hate the world.

He doesn't know when it happened, when he felt this dumb attraction towards the alpha. When the butterflies started awakening but suddenly the memories of them together seem to fill him with a new sort of happiness.

He knows their mates. They have to be, Jungkook is the only person— alpha— who ever—

He should be thinking this way. The elder had made it very clear that he wanted an obedient omega and that just wasn't him.

Yet, for the first time in the past years he feels like being himself isn't the right way to live.