Chapter 9

Sitting on her sofa with a book on her hand, Hange couldn't help but doze off for a moment. Levi just left an hour ago and she is once again all alone inside the hollow ambiance of her compartment. Since Moblit wasn't around, she had to close the library for the day. There was nothing else to do. She could go back and actually do some research but she had finished it weeks ago.

Lying on the sofa, she hugged her pillow.

A realization dawned in when a familiar smell came in her nose, staring at the pillow she had in her arms. It smelled of the familiar lavender fragrant that a certain someone always used. Be it with his detergent or his perfume.

Well... Levi did the laundry the day before. He must've used his own detergents.

This has shown how much the ravenette has been hanging around her place that even his own personal scent left a trace. The corners were literally spotless, even the once tainted marble floor turned back to its original plain white tiles because of a certain someone's intensive cleaning.

Her books were properly tucked in the bookshelves. No more crumpled papers could be seen anywhere. Even her clothes were neatly folded in her closet.

Her former dull place suddenly felt new.

Hange smiled to herself. The fact that he has been the one doing the household chores which was supposed to be her responsibility made a very vivid idea come into mind. A simple life where she could do all her shit as Levi would act like a funny wife, following her messes around. Giggling, Hange thinks how absurd her thoughts were. They're adults now. It isn't the time to indulge themselves in childish things such as playing house.

She snapped out from her trance upon the realization, embarrassed at herself. Why is she even thinking about such a thing?

The brunette continued to mull over herself, looking up the ceiling, thoughts somewhere else. Wondering what Levi must be doing right now.

Truth be told, there are still a lot of things she doesn't know about Levi. He is indeed a really mysterious man who always had such an unreadable expression on his face, rarely giving out hints that she could've used as a key element to know more about him. Usually, it'd just be his look of annoyance on whatever farces she would come up with or his eyes filled with so much mockery when teasing her.

Hange sighed. Looking back, Levi is either annoyed or irritated with her. These made her question why the raven-haired is still always after her.

Yet the time she had spent with him made her think otherwise. Every time they would be joking around with their shitty humor regarding poops and shit. Occasionally, there are even times where he would've such a soft look on his face, a thing which she never worded out and kept it to herself. All these interactions gave her a huge margin of what Levi really is beneath the surface.

Sighing, she puts the back of her hand over her eyes, hindering her eyesight from the blinding lights on the ceiling.

"I already miss him..." She unconsciously says to herself.

The familiar smell on her pillow and the silence surrounding her slowly tempted her to fall asleep. The pent-up exhaustion caused her eyelids to get heavy, obviously sleep deprived for a couple of days.

The only time Hange gets a good night's rest is when the raven-haired would come visit her. His non-stop reminder of her going to sleep early never ends.

Before her senses could surrender to sleep, a loud bang abruptly woke her system up. It was continuous and it honestly scared the crap out of Hange as she immediately sat up from where she laid down, turning to which door the banging came from.