XII.

Chapter 7: When a door closes, open another one

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

"Still no reply?" Ark asked, taking the seat beside me.

I shook my head, letting out a sigh. It's been three days since Alec has gone MIA and there was absolutely no sign of him.

After the incident, we went back to Alec's house where Sage and Ark did a first aid on me. I didn't stay the night though and had Connor drive me home because the pack of skittles still weren't back and Alec couldn't be reach.

My mom threw a fit the next morning when she saw my split lip but I assured her it was just from me biting my lip to hard. The bruise on my stomach was healing well, I've been putting ice on it every night.

I've been trying to contact Alec since he didn't show up on Monday. Ark and I had a long talk that same day and we couldn't come up with reasons how that guy knew me and why he was looking for me.

The only thing we both could conclude is that the pack of skittles and Alec had a hunch why those guys were after me but the boys were tight lipped about his Alec's whereabouts and changed the topic immediately when asked about that day, even Sage was avoiding our calls.

"Cheer up boo, he'll be back." Ark assured, giving me a smile.

"I hope," I said, giving her a thankful smile.

"Oh! Have you heard about the news? There's a new transferee here in school!" She said, changing the topic.

"Oh really? We haven't had any transferees since forever," I replied, scratching my jaw gently.

"Yes, I think it's a girl. I've overheard it from one of the jocks earlier. I'm not sure though," Ark said, letting out a shrug.

"Calm down Ark. We'll surely see a glimpse of her or him during lunch," I replied, already knowing the curiosity that's burning in Ark's blood.

 We'll surely see a glimpse of her or him during lunch," I replied, already knowing the curiosity that's burning in Ark's blood

"Mr. Woods is so hot," Ark sighed dreamily, both of us making our to the cafeteria.

"I agree with you but the guy has a fiance," I pointed out, looping my arm with hers.

Mr. Woods is our new homeroom teacher. He was the youngest teacher here in our building at the age of twenty-three and has caused quite an uproar with his curly locks and pale eyes.

Students were immediately slammed into the stop sign upon seeing the silver ring neatly wore by his ring finger.

"I know but the guy's hot and there's nothing wrong with appreciating that about him," She fired back, bumping into a few students as we entered the cafeteria.

I rolled my eyes at her answer. We were making our way towards our usual table but stopped a few meters when I noticed the bloody skittle was back but that wasn't what made me pause.