Chapter 3

After being lifted up into Logan's arms, we made our way through the forest and out of the clearing. The skin-on-skin contact was sending tingles throughout my body, almost distracting me from the searing pain I was feeling.

I could feel blood dribbling down my spine from my large open gashes and my vision continued to be disturbed by various black spots.

"Where is your village?" bellowed Logan before I moved my limp hands, pointing in a vague direction, not really caring.

Logan took off, his pack members he had brought with him following him; just a footstep behind. I could see their confused faces, glancing at each other worriedly.

"Eliza!" I heard my mother yell as we reached my house. Logan's grip onto me tightened and I hissed out in pain as his fingertips brushed my bare back.

"What have you done to her!?"

My father's strong and bold voice echoed throughout the village and although I had my eyes closed, I knew his face would have been a mask of pure fury and worry.

"She needs your pack doctor immediately," said Logan calmly, obviously not liking the disrespect from my father.

"Yes, I think that is quite obvious! Give her to me and get the hell out of our territory!"

I opened my eyes to see my raging father reaching for me, attempting to pull me out of Logan's arms, but failing. His grip only tightened.

"I would watch your tone with me. You wouldn't want to see me upset," hissed Logan.

"Look at what has happened to my daughter because of you! She didn't ask for this and she certainly didn't want to become your Luna!"

My father's words were enraging Logan and I could feel his entire body shaking, his skin becoming hotter.

I could feel the heat radiating off of him and his musky smell danced around me, making me feel woozy. He looked confused, cocking his eyebrows at my father, looking as if he wanted to say something.

"Alpha, the pack doctor is here."

I craned my neck to see Ellie, our pack doctor, marching towards us, her face a mask of concern. "Bring her inside," she stated as she walked past us and into my house.

I was gently placed down on our small couch, with my back facing upwards. Ellie, my mother, my father, Logan and his pack members crowded around me, all gazing down at me with their brows furrowed.

"I need a bucket of water and a clean cloth," ordered Ellie as she started to fiddle with appliances inside of her medical kit.

I squeezed my eyes shut, balling my hands into fists, waiting for the pain. Logan crouched down in front of me, wiping the hair out of my face that was stuck to me due to sweat. I glared at him, not knowing how to feel.

He had done this. I was in this position because of him, but I knew I was not chosen for the event by him, but by his Beta.

"Alpha Black, I think it is time you leave," came a voice from behind everyone. Alpha James parted the small crowd, looking at me sadly. "You brought the event to an end. There is no reason for you to be here anymore."

Alpha James' voice sounded harsh; annoyed. I could tell he was angry he couldn't put a stop to what had happened and he was regretful that one of his friends' daughters had to go through something like this.

"I am not leaving," announced Logan, standing up and crossing his arms, looking intimidating.

I hissed in pain as Ellie gently glided a damp cloth over my back, wiping away as much blood as she could. Gritting my teeth, I shoved my face into the couch in order to stop myself from screaming out in pain.

"The event is over. You have done enough damage here. Leave my territory," ordered Alpha James and I heard Logan sigh, and I could only imagine him biting his lip in angst, not knowing what to do.

"I will come back. I will come to check on her and see if she is alright in a day or so."

With that, I heard the door slam and I knew by the lack of warmth I was feeling, he had gone. I lifted my head up, trying to ignore the searing burn as Ellie worked on my back. Alpha James looked at me, shaking his head, running his fingers through his almost-grey hair.

"I cannot apologise enough Eliza. There was nothing I could do. The Whipping is an old tradition and although frowned upon by most, some packs still swear by it. It was out of my control. I could not refuse to take part."

I forced a smile, not wanting James to feel guilty for something he could not control. "It's not your fault."

"No, it's not. It's his fault!" yelled my father, throwing his hands up in the air. "What even made him stop the event? He put all of this together to just stop it for nothing! Eliza went through all of this pain for nothing. James, he cannot be allowed back onto this territory!"

James shook his head. "If he wants to come back, he will have to announce himself. However, if he doesn't and we attack, there is no way any of us would survive. His pack is ten times bigger than ours. We would be greatly outnumbered."

"Why is he coming back Eliza?" asked my mother calmly as she crouched down in front of me, stroking my hair softly. She had a glint in my eye as if she knew what I was going to say, and I could see it wasn't what she wanted.

I sighed, dropping my gaze.

"No, no he's not!" wailed my mother, burying her face in her hands.

I tried to reach out to her, but she pulled away. "No, Eliza, tell me!"

I chewed on my lip nervously, not wanting to say it. My parents wouldn't allow this. They wouldn't allow me to be mated to someone as monstrous as this. They wouldn't allow me to leave with him and go to his pack. They wouldn't allow me to become their Luna.

Did I even want to? I felt an emptiness inside my chest now Logan had left. I wanted him to come back, but I was also glad he was gone.

He was a sick person to even think about hosting this event. All he seemed to care about was power. He wanted a strong female to be by his side. Was I actually her?

"Yes, he's my mate."

............................................................................................

Please vote if you enjoyed :)