13. Tell Her As It Is

Consciousness hit me with the strong scent of cologne and detergent. Exhaustion immediately flushed over me as I came to the realisation that my body had awoken me at six thirty like I'd trained it to for work and weekdays. This meant three and a half hours of sleep. I tried forcing myself back to sleep but it only worked for about twenty minutes and then I was up once again and unable to go back to sleep.

I pushed myself upright and brushed my hair out of my face, thankful I didn't sleep in my car because my back was hurting enough as it was. It didn't take me long to realise the smell that had woken me up was coming off the clothes I was now wearing. All oversized as the shirt Alex had lent me hung off my shoulders and the sweatpants sat secure around my hips as Alex wasn't too far off from my own size.

  The first thing I remembered of the night before was hearing Alex say something along the lines of "yeah she is, isn't she?" All I could do was wonder who he was talking about and what the context of the conversation was. If only if stayed up and eavesdropped. It was eating away at me like a caterpillar to a leaf.

I found my clothes from the day before in a pile by the bed but couldn't find the effort in me to pick them up let alone put them on. Besides, Alex's clothes were far more comfortable. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I adjusted to the inside of the silent trailer and took in my surroundings.

  It was scarcely furnished and lacked any taste really, I guessed they were renting them out. There was a duffle bag open on the floor where Alex must've pulled the clothes out from and a pair of shoes beside it. It looked as though Alex had barely settled in but fair enough he'd only been there a day. There was also a black guitar case propped up against a small table with a sticker of masking tape laid onto it with the words A.Turner and a crude penis drawing scribbled on in black marker.

  Smiling to myself, I combed out my hair with my fingers and stood up off the bed, making it as nice as I could as it was the least I could do in return for Alex letting me use it. Having nothing else to do I decided to head on out and see if anyone else was up, grabbing my phone and trudging outside. The sun was already creeping over the horizon, bringing heat with it as I made my way to where the circle of chairs had been in hopes to find someone.

  The fire was still burning now only simmering coals and embers exempt from the crackling flames present the night before. To my surprise most people were awake and making themselves breakfast or coffees and reclining around the fire. Everyone but Alex, Jamie and Katie.

  "Morning," I smiled as I approached them. A chorus of "good morning"s greeted me back.

  "How'd you sleep?" Matt asked me as he stirred a mug of coffee.

  "Alright," I nodded, "wish I didn't wake up so early though."

  "Want a coffee to wake ya up?" Matt offered.

  "Yes that would be amazing," I gushed, I couldn't think of anything better. "Where can I find the mugs?"

  "Just over here," Matt said and grabbed one out for me as I walked over to join him at the outdoor kitchen set up. "Al's still sleeping, I don't expect him up before ten." 

  "Oh really?" I chuckled as I began making myself a latte.

  "He sleeps in like clockwork," Matt chuckled. "You can go find him and give him a slap on the arse if you really wanna wake him up. I'm sure he'll enjoy the gesture."

We didn't see Alex until midday and by then I'd changed out of his clothes and back into mine from the day before, getting ready to head back to LA. And even when he did finally make an appearance he looked like he hadn't slept in years.