🔶 26 - Pretend 🔶

[Api's POV]

Fine.

That one word which it could either be a truth, or a lie.

Because if you're really feeling okay and you don't have any problems, then you are saying the truth.

It only becomes a lie when, you did say you're fine, but deep inside you're not.

And, that's what I'm feeling right now.

But, I still pretend that everything's fine in which, I'm kind of getting the hang of it. Me, pretending to be okay? Heh, that's the easiest thing to do.

Currently, I'm walking my way towards school, and today, I'm wearing a long sleeve red jacket, which is unusual for me to wear because I was always wearing my sleeveless one.

I sighed deeply as I pulled down the sleeves of my jacket, hiding what I did to my arm. Not for long, I reached my destination, heaving a sigh once more. Then, I did the next thing: To pretend that everything is okay.

<> <~> <>

It was time for our lunch break to start and here I am, regrouping with my best friends, Angin and Daun. Honestly, this whole pretending thing I'm doing, I think it's going great. Angin and Daun hadn't notice me that I was actually lying to them that I'm okay.

But, I'm not.

Though, it's okay. Since I don't want them to worry about me, I'll just have to keep it to myself. That's the only goal I need to do: For them not to worry about me.

Even though I'm not okay at all, I still had the courage to ask my friends if they're alright. Since, I also cared for them, as much as they do for me. I glanced at my friend Daun, whom I thought that something's bothering him for a while now.

"You alright, Daun?" I asked, looking at him worriedly.

"Hm? Oh, I'm fine. I'm just thinking about something..." Daun replied, his eyes stared at the white, cement floor while pursing his lips.

"It's your big brother, isn't it?" Angin asked, making our leaf elemental best friend nodded slowly as he heaved a sigh.

"You can talk about it with us, you know..." I gently stated, placing a hand on Daun's shoulder. I felt a stinging pain in my chest as I said that.

"There's no need to talk about it, Api." Daun softly said. "I'm fine, really..."

I deeply sighed as if, I wasn't satisfied by my best friend's reply. "If you want to talk about it, both me and Angin will just be here to help you, okay?"  I calmly stated, making Daun curved a small smile on his lips.

"Okay."

Not for long, the bell rang, signalling for all of us to go back to our respective classrooms for our next class to start.

My wind elemental close friend pouted playfully and gave out a loud, groaning awe. "I don't wanna start our next classes yet!" He whined. "I hate history class!" He complained and kept ranting about how he disliked history and how he found it difficult to memorize all the regions of a certain country, which Daun and I found it a bit hilarious and giggled silently at our friend's reactions as we walked through the hallway where our classrooms were located. After a few minutes of ranting, Angin calmed down and faced us.

"Well I guess, I'll see you guys when I see you?" He asked, as he smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah. See ya!" I said, waving my hand slightly to my friends and bid my farewells to them, making my way towards my next class afterwards. Angin and Daun also bid their goodbyes to each other as they separated their ways.