54

They had been literally roaming around and doing nothing for about a month now.

And Deidara was pissed. He wasn't the sanest man on earth, but even he couldn't survive Tobi and the new kid, Naruto.
They were the most horrible thing that had ever happened to him.

He glanced behind and immediately regretted it.
Naruto had his katana out and was trying to stab Tobi but Tobi kept dodging like a seaweed.

Deidara raised his eyebrows in alarm, "STOP! WHAT THE FUCK????"

Naruto lowered his katana and rolled his eyes, "Oh come on Deidara senpai. You're such a boring old dude."
Tobi nodded vigorously in agreement but halted as soon as he felt Deidara's glare boring into him.

Deidara stomped towards Tobi.
"You fucking traitor. Why the hell are you supporting him?? Is he better than me? Huh??" He barked into Tobi's mask. Tobi held up his hands in defence.

"No! No! It's not like that! It's just that....". Tobi replied meekly.
"It's just WHAT?" Deidara barked.
Naruto just stood at the side staring unimpressed at this dramatic duo. He raised his brows, waiting to see what Tobi would reply with.

"It's... just that... you're blond." Tobi finally stuttered.
Deidara stared at him blankly. And Naruto choked on air. He knew what was coming. He knew Deidara would say-
"WE'RE BOTH FUCKING BLOND YOU DIPSHIT!!!" Deidara yelled.
After that he just gave up. All he could do was walk.
Blessed are those who have brains.

After a lot of pointless walking, the trio finally reached a village.

"Hey isn't this like, somewhere around the Grass Village?" Naruto questioned, as he shielded his eyes from the sun.

Deidara shrugged, "Well, yeah. We're supposed to eradicate two villages in this area."

Naruto raised a brow, and Deidara smirked. "What kid? You thought we provided blankets to the needy?"
Naruto shook his head and crossed his arms. "No. I just don't understand why you'd wanna wipe out such petty villages."

Tobi jumped in, "Well, that's because it's our job!! That's what we do!"

Naruto was surprised. "Huh? What? You take orders from someone else?"

Deidara groaned,"Yes. Where do you think we get funds from?"

Naruto smiled as he let out a soft 'ah'. "So you need money...maybe you hadn't bought such fancy coats for your members you would've-"

Deidara blasted a small spider near his face before he could argue any further.
With that he stomped towards the village.

Naruto rushed behind him,laughing. "Aw come on Deidara senpai ~ Ok fine. When and how do you plan on eradicating them?" Naruto said as he slung an arm around the grumpy Deidara. He pointed towards a figure in the distance, carrying a pail of water to their house.

Tobi walked behind them and responded happily, "Well, Deidara drops some big bombs on them and done!" He laughed happily.

Deidara glanced at Naruto, who for some reason was sulking after hearing Tobi's answer.

"What," Deidara barked, "You don't approve of our methods?"

Naruto let go of his shoulders and buried his hands in his pockets. He didn't seem happy at all. In fact, he seemed as if someone had just scolded him.
Deidara wanted to ask him what's wrong, but he didn't want to seem like he cared for this brat in any way. So he took his time to stare at him instead.
This kid was smaller than him, but had a strong physique. His hair was quite long and messy, as if he never cared for it or cut it. It was almost shoulder length now and even fell in front of his face. His jacket seemed to be too short for him, and he always kept it open, never zipped it. He wore a white shirt underneath but even that seemed really worn out.
Deidara sighed, "Why don't we get you some new-" he was about to chamge the topic when Naruto interrupted him.