Chapter 15: Cats & Blind Dates

5110 Words
Just as a heads up, I’m changing my writing style a bit. I’m still writing in 3rd person, I’m just not referring to the Reader in the story by You anymore like: You did that, you said this. Instead, I’ll be referring to the Reader by name, her, and she.

Monday mornings are the worst aren’t they? To go from a peaceful weekend where you can sleep in, be lazy and have fun to being plunged back into school where you wake up at some ungodly hour and have to actually get shit done. (Y/n) never really complains about school, but she does know how much her boyfriend struggles to get out of bed each morning. If Shoto was given the chance, he’d sleep through an entire day. Or two… Or maybe three. Okay, Shoto loves to sleep as much a Mr. Aizawa and everyday he wishes to have Aizawa’s life in order to sleep that extra minute longer whenever the chance could arise. Sometimes, (Y/n) has to wake him up, and that time is her favorite time of the day. Shoto is so handsome when he sleeps.

But first, (Y/n) has some business to take care of.

(Y/n) woke up bright and early all to perch herself outside of her teacher’s bedroom door. It was late last night when Shoto Todoroki and herself came home from a wonderful date with a new jointly owned cat they found in the streets. A cat so beautiful, so pleasant, doesn’t deserve to call the streets her home. (Y/n) figured it would’ve been rude to interrupt Mr. Aizawa late at night all to ask for a simple request. Well, sort of, she was bringing the question to him in the shape of a fluffy ball with long unhinged claws. “Mr. Aizawa?” (Y/n) knocked on the door with her free hand, the cat from yesterday lying within her other arm as pleased as one can be.

She could hear an aggravated groan from the opposite side of the door. “Can’t it wait for the classroom?”

“I-I wanted permission for something,” (Y/n) claimed.

“Come in…” Mr. Aizawa reluctantly invited one of his students within his domain. The girl pushed the door open, stepping within. That once tired and annoyed expression on Mr. Aizawa’s face melted into one of precious awe at the sight of the fluffy being within his student’s arms. “Who’s this beauty?” The male held out his hand. (Y/n) approached the male as the cat earned a gentle scratch over the head.

“Africa,” (Y/n) informed the male as Africa purred happily.

“Africa? That’s an odd name for a cat,” Mr. Aizawa retracted his hand back in confusion. He’s heard of the most common and ridiculous names like Puss or Pussy, Patches, Whiskers and many more for a cat but Africa was a first.

“You see,” (Y/n) sat down beside her teacher upon the bed. Africa crawled into Mr. Aizawa’s lap and plopped herself down. “I named her after the song Africa which was sung by the band Toto. She has two different colored eyes too, just like TODOroki.” Although the song is still considered a classic nowadays, the song was especially popular during (Y/n)’s time before she fell beneath the ice for three decades. It was interesting how (Y/n)’s interests of the 80s and early 90s still remained.

The male leaned forward examining the cool grey and minty turquoise of Africa’s eyes. “Indeed she does.” Not only does she have two different eyes but they’re the exact same color as Todoroki’s.

”Eh!” She shrugged. “I thought it was a cute name.”

“It’s only cute because you didn’t literally name her after your boyfriend.” Something ridiculous like naming Africa Todo or Todoroki Jr. would’ve been odd indeed.

“You right,” (Y/n) laughed at herself. “Is it fine if I kept her at the dorms with me? I don’t know anything about the rules about the kinds of pets we can keep here. I just know that caged animals are allowed as far as I know,” Because Koda has just about every pet you can think of like a rabbit and a bird and fish too.