Chapter 1

19th November 2020

I was sat with my best friends Samantha and Olivia in English before first period started. I was mucking about as per usual, doing silly accents and pretending to be overly-dramatic about stupid things. I mean seriously, what else would you expect from someone like me?

I got confused for a spilt second when I saw my friends look towards the door behind me as their facial expressions turned into a mix of shock and awe. I knew exactly who was there as I know they only do that with one specific person and his name is Thomas Holland.

"What do you want Tom?" I said while turning around with a blank expression.

"Who said I want anything? Perhaps I just want to talk to you three beautiful ladies" he said with a wink and smirked slightly.

If you couldn't tell already he's a bit of a player.

"Ahaha please" I scoffed.

"You only want to talk to us when you want something so just cut to the chase." I said

It's not that I don't think he's like super cute and whatnot, it's just that I've had to deal with him for the past couple of years now, so I guess one way or another you could say 'I'm used to his ways'.

"Could I speak to you in private for a second? I have to ask you something important." My friends gave me a wink and moved their eyebrows up and down suggestively before leaving the room.

"Ok Tom, what's your ever so important question?" I said, basically expecting him to ask for homework answers or for me to do his work for him.

"I've heard some rumours that you're one of the best actresses in our school. So, with that in mind I was wondering if I could make you my girlfriend?"

Well let's just say I definitely didn't expect that at all!

He obviously saw my shocked and slightly confused expression because of what he said next.

"I don't want you to be my actual girlfriend, nor-offence, but you see there's this girl I've been wanting to impress for a while now, but she won't go out with me and give me a chance so I was hoping you'd pretend to be my girlfriend to help me make her jealous" he said with hope eyes.

Ah okay that makes so much more sense, I mean come on, what kind of guy like him would want to be with someone like me...

"What?! Are you crazy, why on earth would I help you? What's in it for me?"

"Well for starters, one benefit would be that if, you know, you happen to have a crush on anybody at the moment, they will most likely get jealous if you're my girlfriend." He shrugged.

So you mean someone else besides you?

Hmm, well I do like that one kid in drama class and I've had my eyes on him for a little while. He is pretty cute.

"Ugh fine, I'll do it" I said annoyed whilst rolling my eyes, I couldn't come up with a snarky comment to throw back at him.

"Great, you just need to make sure you know what you'll be getting yourself into. You see, this isn't something that we're gonna have to take lightly, it means every time we're around each other we have to act like we're in a real relationship, like lovers if you will." I nodded.

"I don't care if she's not around at a specific time, everyone else has to believe we're in a relationship for her to believe it." He stated.

"Okay okay, but I'm only doing this if I get some sort of say in it as well. So I think to make it more believable, when we see each other in the hallways we have to stop to talk for as long as we possibly can, when we see each other at lunch we will sit and eat together, if someone asks you who you're texting tell them you're texting me." I explained.

"This is something you're gonna have to commit to Holland. If you don't like any of these ideas then I'm sorry I guess you don't get your girl because that's what it's going to have to take." Taking a slight moment to think about what I had just said, Tom thought that it would be worth it so he agreed.

"So..what's her name?" I asked.

"Who?" Tom questioned.

"Uh the girl you're trying to make jealous dumbass! What's her name?"

"Oh right! Her names Maddy, well it's Maddison." I just nodded.

I hate her already, her name already makes me feel that she's so much prettier than me!

"Alright, so whenever you have the chance today, you're gonna pretend to ask me out in front of Maddy and I'll say yes."

Huh, maybe I'll have more fun with this than originally planned.

Just after Tom left my friends came screaming into the classroom, I just laughed and shook my head.

"So... what did he want?!" Samantha said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively before bursting into laughter.

"Oh nothing, I'm gonna help him get a girl"

"How are you going to do that!?" Olivia said with a shocked and confused expression on her face.

"He wants me to pretend to be his girlfriend, but and I mean this, you two cannot speak a word about this being fake otherwise it'll ruin it all!" I warned them.

"Okay, we won't I promise" Samantha said with her hand up in surrender.

"You know... you might be able to snag him up while you're in a fake relationship"

"Pfft, like that's going to happen" I said scoffed whilst shaking my head.

"Girls, I'm surprised he even knows who I am, there's no way someone like him would ever like me."

"Well I don't know, just use all the beauty you've been gifted with and you'll be fine"

"I'm not even gonna argue with you on that, cause I know you'll just end up confusing me into agreeing with you" I roll my eyes.

Ha, that'll be the day that I barely even fit on the average beauty scale, let alone even consider having any natural beauty.

Hopefully this will blow over as soon as possible, so my friends will leave me alone about this.

Maybe I'll even get that cute guy in my drama class, what was his name again?
Oh yeah Finn!