Chapter 29: Freak Out

< are we dancing after death,
you and I? >

-Matt Mason.

Aria's PoV:

It's the middle of the night. No, scratch that. It's 3:37 a.m when I dart out of bed feeling sick straight into the bathroom.

My hands grab the ledge of the toilet seat to steady myself, and I puke my two cheeseburgers, curly fries and Sprite out.

I feel a movement behind me, and it's not long before I sense someone holding my hair back in one hand, while rubbing my back with the other.
Nickolas.

I wait a few moments in case I feel the nauseous urge to throw up again , but luckily it dissipates.

I flush the handle down, then slowly stand up, going straight for the sink to wash up the bitterness flaming my sour throat.

I rinse my mouth with cold water from the faucet, and wash up my face as well, calming my nerves, and Nickolas helpfully offers me a clean towel to dry up.

With a concern filled face and a gentle touch, he holds me close and hugs me like my life depended on it.
"Hey, get dressed up, I'm taking you to the hospital " he tells me firmly and my objection comes out almost immediately.

"No. No need to, it's nothing, probably just food poisoning " I reassure him and he eyes me skeptically, not sure whether to believe me or grab me and sprint to the closest hospital.

"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod affirmatively, emphasizing my point.

"Do you need anything?" He asks and a loving smile tugs my lips upwards.

"No, Come on let's get back to bed" I offer simultaneously taking his hand in mine dragging us both back to bed.

"If you say so" comes his response and he still hugs me tight, rubbing my back soothingly.

I might have an idea to what this was actually about.
I just need to make sure first before bringing my concerns to Nickolas.

The morning after, I drive to the nearest pharmacy and purchase what can either support or deny my suspicions.

You guessed it right, several pregnancy tests.

It's Saturday, and I'm really happy it's the weekend. I wouldn't want to deal with all of this on top of a stressful day at work.

I enter the bathroom discretely, open the packets each, and follow the written instructions which are oddly similar to most of them.

I wait for ten minutes in the bedroom, then re-enter the bathroom with shaking hands and ragged breath.

The tests as I can clearly see, are still placed on the counter. Right where I left them before exiting.

I take in a deep breath preparing for what about to come next.
This could change our lives drastically.

I muster up the required courage and finally decide to flip the sticks in order to see the results.

When five out of five different tests show two lines, it's suffice to say I'm pregnant.

Ok, calm down, calm down.
No need to freak out.