• 59 •

Author's note: Omg, my Wattpad has finally been fixed! For the entire day, it was glitching out on me like "Oops, something went wrong..." until I literally wanted to puke blood. Sorry for the late update, at least this chapter is long. I can finally sleep peacefully 😂 (it's 2:35am here, my eyes are half open).

Anyway, have fun reading, everyone! I hope this chapter updates safely and completely *prays*

Cecil found her way to the healer's place, and informed her of the situation. The healer, who has known Zasiok for years, immediately set off for the hut. The entire time, Xue has been following her from the shadows, and Cecil had never once noticed him.

Before Xue noticed, he was already following after Cecil. However, even after he noticed it, he didn’t stop, still watching her from the shadows. 

Xue watched on quietly as Cecil conversed with the healer, her face anxious. His expression was indiscernible.

Kai: "Are you stalking Cecil?"

Xue: "..."

Kai: "...actually, thinking about it, I did stalk her as well."

Xue: "...what did you say?"

Kai quickly shut his mouth.

He felt that if he repeated what he said once again, and even admitted that he stalked Cecil more than once...the reaction from Xue wouldn't be good.

Alric, on the other hand, was too cowardly to tell them that stalking someone was completely wrong in the first place.

"Thank you so much!"

"There isn't any need to thank me, Zasiok is important to me too."

Cecil exited the house with the healer, their movements hasty.

Xue ducked out of the way, hiding. He continued to follow her all the way back to the hut along with the healer.

***

Odval, the healer, sighed heavily as everyone anxiously waited for her verdict on Zasiok’s condition. However, from the grim look on her face, they could feel their hearts sinking, especially Cecil and Zasiok’s parents. 

“The toxin is potent and spreads rapidly. A toxin like this is uncommon and the only way to cure Zasiok is to...fight poison with poison,” Odval advised, half of her face covered by a mask as she lowered her eyes. “However, Zasiok has sustained severe internal injuries when he was tortured in prison. He is also suffering from malnutrition, and the only reason he was able to carry on was because of the elixir provided to him and his own willpower.” 

“Are...are you saying, my son...will die?” 

“His chances of survival are very low,” Odval answered, sounding pained. “If his body wasn’t in such a terrible state, he would pull through, but now…” 

Cecil raised her hand to her mouth, her eyes growing wide as she glanced at Zasiok, who was lying on the bed, still unconscious and breathing weakly. 

Zasiok’s mother collapsed to the floor, heaving and wailing, with her husband sobbing quietly beside her. 

Hana shuffled up to Cecil’s side, downcast at the news and she glanced up at Cecil, whose eyes were fixated on Zasiok.