《35》

NAIRA'S POV

"Can we meet her now?", Kartik asked the doctor when he came out of the OT.

"Yes you can. But let us shift her to the private ward", the doctor replied and Kartik nodded.

"I can't wait to meet her. I just want to know that she's alright", Kartik said and I smiled.

After some minutes,

We were sitting on the seats that the nurse came to us.

"Are you with Siya Goenka?", she asked us.

We stood up.

"Yes, I'm her father", Kartik replied.

"This way", the nurse said and started walking. We followed her. She led us to the private ward where Siya was shifted.

"She's inside", the nurse said and walked away.

We walked into the ward to look at Siya lying there unconscious. Kartik sat beside her and we stood beside him.

"Siya....daddy's here. Open your eyes baby. You're alright", Kartik said as he caressed her hair.

There was a moment on her eyelids. She tried to open her eyes slowly but then closed them because of the bright light. She again opened her eyes and looked at Kartik.

"Hi baby", Kartik said as tears of happiness filled his eyes.

"Aatish", Siya murmured.

Kartik was surprised to look at her ignorance but he didn't mind. He stood up and Aatish sat beside her.

"Hey brainless....how are you? You scared us dumbass", Aatish said as he held her hand and tears rolled down his cheek.

"Oh....please anyone record this view. Aatish Goenka is crying for the first time in his life, that too for his silly sister", Siya chuckled as she struggled to speak through the oxygen mask.

We all laughed. Siya extended her hand towards me. I held her hand and kissed it.

"We missed you so much Siya", I said as I kissed her forehead.

"I missed you too", Siya replied and looked at Kartik.

Just then, the doctor entered.

"Siya should be kept under observation for the night. So who is staying with her  tonight? Remember only one of you can stay with her", the doctor asked.

"I'll stay", Kartik replied.

"I want Aatish to stay", Siya said looking at the doctor.

"What? I mean...you two won't be able to look after yourselves. An adult should be here", Kartik said trying to explain his point.

"No problem dad. I'll be with her. I can take care of her. Remember, one night you had to work late in office and Siya had a high fever, I looked after her the whole night and in the morning she was back to normal. We're twin goals dad. We can look after ourselves, right Siya?", Aatish asked Siya and Siya smiled.

"I don't think its a good idea", Kartik said unsure about the whole thing.

"Its okay Kartik. They'll be alright. The nursing staff is here only. If anything goes wrong, they'll handle it. And its just a ten minutes drive from home. We can visit anytime we like. The kids want to spend some time together. Let them", I explained Kartik.

"Okay...you two will be alright, right?", Kartik asked the kids.

"Yes dad", Aatish replied.

"If anything goes wrong, call us okay", Kartik reminded them.