Twenty-Four

A/N: Can you believe this? I'm UPDATING*covers ears* I'm so nervous oh my god...

This is it guys, the last stop before the finalé. I'm sorry it took 84 years and I hope it's good enough for you. I apologise in advance for the mistakes you might see, such as names and ages of the characters. Tbh I don't even remember who is what years old anymore... Thyey are all 20-something anyway. And I've proofread but only once, I was in a rush to update and surprise you. I hope I managed, hehe.

I love you all and I hope you enjoy!

"Read it again."

Chaeyoung sighed, eyes travelling down to the phone screen yet once more and moving over the words rapidly.

"Hello Lisa-ssi, this is Lee Yooshin, Jungkook's mother. If you would be kind enough to accept, I'll be expecting you for tea on next Thursday, at three pm. I'd like to get to know you better. I'll be waiting for your reply."

Silence.

"This so fucking formal that it's scary, really," Chaeyoung commented for the tenth time – because it was her tenth time reading the text.

"Why would she invite me like this," Lisa croaked, a lump of anxiety in her throat.

"Um," Chaeyoung glanced at the text. "To 'get to know you better' I guess."

Another silence occurred as Lisa blankly and unseeingly stared at the non-existing lines on the cream coloured wall of their living room. Then Chaeyoung broke the silence with an intrigued voice.

"Hey, do you think she'll throw water at your face and offer money to leave Jungkook alone?"

*

Lisa swirled the coffee in her paper cup, uncrossing and crossing her legs again and sighed. Chaeyoung threw her a bit concerned and a lot fed up look.

"I can't decide if this sigh is because of the final we just flunked or because of meeting your future mother-in-law."

"I don't think I flunked so it's for the latter," Lisa murmured, eyes on the coffee still.

"Well he met your dad, it can't be worse than meeting a dad I guess," Chaeyoung tried with a smile.

Lisa gave her an incredulous look, "Yeah sure."

They were sitting at the benches scattered around their building after one of the last finals (Biochem, fucking nightmare), waiting for another one as they tried to rev up their energy.

"It can be a lot worse, actually."

Jumping at their seats, they turned to the nonchalant voice.