raspberry lipstick (requested)

You sat in a circle on the floor across from all of your friends with Hailee by your side.

The entire night has consisted of stolen glances and soft touches behind your friends' backs. You've been secretly dating Hailee for a few months now and even though your friends all know you're gay, they have no idea that Hailee is too.

Hailee has been in the closet for as long as she can remember, too shy to step out and reveal the honest truth. She didn't know if they'd accept her for who she is, even though you've told her a thousand times that they would because they're absolutely fantastic people and they accept you just the way you are.

But it wasn't just her friends she was worried about, but her family as well. She didn't think they'd be accepting, even though you know that's not the case. There's no reason her family and your incredible group of friends would ever judge you both like that.

Either way, she wasn't ready to come out. She wasn't ready for people to know. So she'd always show you affection behind closed doors. Tonight she stepped out of her comfort zone just a smidge because your friends are staying the entire weekend and she knows that she won't really have too much privacy.

So she'll occasionally brush her fingers along your thigh and would steal a kiss from time to time, which you loved, even though you're starting to get frustrated with having to hide your relationship from people you love so dearly.

They had suggested a game of truth or dare but you've zoned out a little, secretly holding Hailee's hand without them noticing.

"Y/n?" A hand waved in front of your face and you snapped out of your thoughts. "Hmm?"

"It's your turn! Truth or dare?"

You thought about it for a few seconds before saying "Truth,"

"Have you ever kissed a girl you were in love with?"

Obviously. You've kissed Hailee more times than you can count.

You looked over at her to see her shaking her head, eyes warning you not to answer the question. But you thought maybe, just maybe, you could get away with it.

"Yeah. I actually kiss a girl with nice raspberry lips quite often." You said confidently, but your confidence dwindled when all heads turned to Hailee.

Who else could it be? Your friends know how much Hailee loves her raspberry lipstick. In fact, she wore it just yesterday when they first arrived here for the weekend.

Your friends were wide-eyed and smiley. "You've kissed Hailee?"

"Wait, no! The question was if you ever kissed someone you were in love with? So... you're in love with Hailee?"

All eyes were on the two of you. You tried to think of a way to cover it up, to shoot the rumor down, but that became the least of your concerns when Hailee's hand slipped out of yours and she stormed out of the room and up the stairs.

"Hailee!"

You yelled out and ran after her. you finally caught up to her before she could slam the bedroom door behind her. You grabbed her wrist and she turned around. You saw the tears in her eyes. "Hailee, I-"

"Don't, y/n! How could you do that? You know I wasn't ready for them to know! Now they're mad and they probably hate me-"

"They could never hate you! Hailee, look at how they treat me. I'm out and they've been by my side for as long as I can remember. They loved me before and only love me more since I came out to them just a couple of years ago. They'll love you just the same way."

You paused, wrapping your fingers around her hand as she sighed.

"I wanna go home." She mumbled and you shook your head. "No. Hailee, you promised you'd stay with me this weekend, with us. Don't let my big mouth ruin this." She sighed and turned her head away from you.

"I'm sorry. I should've respected you for not being ready. It's just that I'm in love with you and I'm tired of not being able to show you that around anyone just because you're afraid of coming out to people, who, by the way, would never turn their backs on you. I'm proud to be with you. I love being with someone who is so beautiful and kind and has the most incredible personality. You're just perfect in every way in my eyes and I just wanna be able to do all that lovey-dovey stuff that used to annoy the shit out of me but I now love, because I can do it with you."

You saw her crack a smile before she nodded. "It's okay. I know how they are and I know they wouldn't ever look at me differently just because of my sexuality. I know my parents wouldn't either. I'm just... scared."

You squeezed her hand and kissed her cheek delicately. "That's okay. But you don't have to be. Because I'm by your side through this every step of the way."

She wrapped her arms around you and planted a kiss to your lips and you heard a chorus of coos around you, coming from your friends. "Sorry, we didn't mean to eavesdrop. We just heard everything you both said and we wanted to come and hug you both, but the moment was so cute and we didn't wanna interrupt.

You laughed and pecked Hailee's lips a couple of times before you both opened your arms for your friends to run into, which they did happily.

"We love you, Hailee. Nothing's ever gonna change that."

"Yeah, we love you both to pieces."

Two of your friends said as they squeezed you both tightly.

Hailee wasn't mad anymore. How could she be when she was surrounded by so many people who love her just the way she is?