Evangeline

"No. You can't. It's not suitable for the situations here."

My jaws clenched rightfully.

The wolf in me twisted her neck, ready to let out a howl of War.

But I controlled. For the sake of my mate.

For Leo.

"Orina," I said, gulping down the anger I felt at the Moon. "Think about it, again. Please."

The whole of my spine was shaking inside.

My soul shuddered in defeat that I felt in front of this massive universe. I was inferior. No. I was forcefully made inferior.

Her luxury room with red curtains was all set and silent. Dressed up in her long skirt and that short top showing off her midriff, she was sitting on the chair with crossed legs and her long silky black hair spread on her back. Her long earrings and those necklaces set perfectly against her neck.

A Beta's daughter became a Luna.

Me? An Alpha's daughter, now a Beta.

How fucking fair!

"I cannot seduce my mate when the full moon is so close," she said, shaking her head in thought.

"You don't have to seduce him. You have him wrapped around your finger already. You were the one who showed your hatred openly to your own Mother-in-law for her performance on the night of Misty's departure. You have the upper hand here."

"It was my wolf, Eva. I couldn't see her proud face and let her make me feel inferior just because I am a Mystic. She cannot order me around unless it's her motherly love. I couldn't believe she threatened to kill your Aunt's unborn pup. It's all for that pup."

I blinked.

"I appreciate it, Orina. But thalso said that, her and your Luna Elsie, together argued against my father."

Orina raised her eyebrows at me. "Luna Elsie does what she has to after receiving her signs. For the good. Just like she fought for Misty to be on the other side because that's what is right. For her to be with her mate, no matter what."

"Can you forget your wolf, the Luna in you for a minute? Can you forget being a Mystic for a second? Can you just be a woman and think of how a human—an innocent, lively and witty girl like Misty would be surviving there? Without her luxuries," I told her, lowering my voice to sound as serious as I could. "She fainted when she saw our wolves first time. She couldn't take our shifts. Okay? And they are Lycans. One of those savages is her mate who must be lusting for her already."

"He will fall for her," said Orina, negligently. "The Plan of bringing Misty back is hopeless."

"I wonder if you would have said that, had it been your real sister Mariam."

She stiffened and glared at me, immediately. "Careful, Eva. You are dear to me for more than one reason. For you are a strong female. For your homeland was the space where I found my mate. For I am Alyssa's sister-in-law who is your sister-in-law too. For we both wants to brings progress and prosperity to this pack."

Her eyes moved over my denim shirt and she looked back up. "A Lycan's bite is dangerous. There's no treatment in our world for it because of the lack of exposure with them. They are fast and active. One step ahead of the border, they will reach you before the air and strike without even letting you realize or see their presence."

My nostrils flared. "There's no harm in trying. Further generation will learn from our experiment."

"There is harm. You will get harmed. Leo is your family more than the wolves you left behind now," she said as if I was a five year old. "You will not explore the border. Klynn would never agree to it. Leo needs you every second of the day."