Chapter 11

"He's remembered" Merry exclaimed. Farren smiled standing next to him as Gandalf smiled back, "No but the air doesn't smell so bad down here. If in doubt Meriadoc always follow your nose"

They entered onto a ledge and when Gandalf's staff shone lighter, the kingdom of Moria was revealed in all its glory. "Welcome to the dwarven city of Moria." The rest of the fellowship seemed as baffled as the hobbits. Farren laughed as Gimli looked at it in awe, 'Wait till you see Erebor Gimli'

They walked down endless halls, Farren more used to these than the others having spent time in Erebor. Suddenly Gimli peeled off towards a side room, ignoring Gandalf protests. Farren entered at the back of the group looking at the marble tomb that Gimli was grieving over. She walked over to the other side looking down at the inscription. "Here lies Balin son of Fundin" Farren collapsed to her knees softly, her grief unlike Gimli's was silent. She had known Balin the white-haired old dwarf had been one of the wisest she'd known, a constant companion on their journey.

She couldn't hear what Gandalf was saying as he read from a book. Aragorn's hand dropped to her shoulder, she looked up at him with tears in her eyes, but she would not let them fall, now was not the time to grieve. "We cannot linger" Legolas whispered, Farren nodded at him going to rise, lost in thought.

She was jolted out of her thoughts by a loud clang. Pippen had nocked a skeleton into a hole along with chains and a bucket, it clanged loudly. Farren felt her eyes widen in horror, "Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time to rid us of your stupidity!"

Drums sounded. Drums in the deep. "They are coming" Gandalf muttered in horror. The sounds of goblins were already fast approaching. The squirrel that had poked its head out of Farren's pack, squeaked and hid again.

Frodo's blade glowed blue, Legolas' spat out a statement that confirmed to Farren that they were indeed goblins. Boromir slammed the doors shut, while almost being shot in the face by arrows. She and Legolas began to throw him and Aragorn anything they could find to bar it, "Stay close to Gandalf" Aragorn yelled at the hobbits.

"They have a cave troll" Boromir said sardonically. Legolas and Aragorn had their bows drawn, Farren stood next to them her sword drawn. A hole appeared through which two arrows were sent through. But the door did not hold, it smashed forward.

Farren twirled into action, slicing through orcs in a deadly dance, trying to keep the hobbits in sight but the battle swept her to the other side of the room alone, just as the cave troll smashed in. She was too far away to deal with the cave troll, focusing her efforts on the goblins. She caught a glimpse of Legolas run gracefully up the chain of the monster's weapon shooting it in the head. 'Show off' she thought grudgingly.

Sam ended up on her side of the room, he was hitting the orcs with his frying pan, "I think I'm getting the hang of this" he gasped, she grabbed him dragging him out of the path of an orc blade, slicing the orc in half.

"Move your feet. And use a sword, not a frying pan!"

She heard her brother scream Frodo's name, turning to see the young hobbit play peek-a-boo with the cave troll. "Farren go!" her brother screamed. She knew what he wanted but she was too far away to get there quick enough as the troll picked Frodo up by the ankle. Her brother leapt in front of Frodo, stabbing it in the belly with a spike, it screamed in pain. Meanwhile, Farren was still overrun with too many goblins to be much use. She had the most experience with trolls, knew their weaknesses, if only she could get there in time.

The troll swiped at her brother angrily sending him flying into a column, falling unconscious as the ring bearer crawled to him. "Aragorn" she cried in terror. She was almost there.