Chapter 14

Reagan ended up with making me a strawberry tea anyways. I thought it was kind of cute, even though I declined her offer before.

We both had a cup of tea in our hands and sat on her couch. The living room was cozy and warm with dimmed, yellow lights. The whole house wasn't designed to look absolutely modern, it was anyways but in a warm way. It felt like we were in a wooden cabin somewhere on a snowy mountain. The only thing that was missing was a fire place in front of the large couch.

Reagan glances at me from time to time and I felt that she was about to either walk away or burst out with whatever she wanted to ask me.

"Now that you are here and safe..." Okay here we go, I thought and straightened myself a bit to listen to her.

"What happened on your way home? And don't pretend that nothing happened, I know you good enough to see that." Reagan had this coldness in der voice but that moment, she actually turned soft and was curious to hear my answer.

I shrugged it off and pulled my knees up to my body, staring against the wall.
"It wasn't that much, I promise. Just some guys trying to make me scared." I said and looked over to the brunette.

"Bullshit, what did they say?" She asked again. I wanted to lie, but that wouldn't be an option when it came to Reagan, she would have known it right away.

"They said something about you. Saying that if I continue hanging around with you they will do whatever to me. They said I got myself in danger or something like that."

Reagan sighed and tangled her hand in her hair before getting up.
"I'll be right back. I have to make a call." She excused herself and left the room.

With everything I expected, this certainly wasn't the reaction I expected from her. I looked after her but got up as soon as I could make sure she wasn't getting back. I followed the faint voices and ended up in front of a staircase that led up to one single room that looked a lot like a bed room from what I could see through the open door.

I couldn't quite make out what she said, just some bits of which I wasn't able to puzzle something together.
"...double it, Ed, I don't care about the costs. I don't accept a no, am I clear? I hope so for you."

Reagan got closer to the door what gave me the signs to return to my seat on the couch. I quietly sneaked away and back into the living room.

I bit my bottom lip and thought of what the brunette said before. What costs did she mean? Probably no bills from whatever shopping, that's sure. She sounded like a madman who was about to explode when someone would stop her.

I sighed, I thought I knew her at least a little bit better. Maybe I do, but certainly not good enough. I don't know in what she's involved in but I was starting to believe it wasn't the best situation.

I really care for her, even if it wasn't long ago when I met her for the first time. How can someone fall in love so fast? Love at first sight didn't exist in my world. There was no such thing as seeing someone for the first time and immediately think that that's the person you'd want to spend your life with.

But then there was Reagan and seemingly my brain stopped working. Everything I thought to know about love before seemed to be like a child's crush or some pre school five days relationship. It was unreal.

I looked up from my knees when Reagan let herself drop on the couch. She seemed to be deeply buried in her thoughts as well.

My phone went off and I somehow found the motivation to look at the screen and immediately decide to ignore my brother.

"Don't you want to answer him?" Reagan asked out of the sudden but I just shrugged.

"He will survive. He probably thinks I'm sleeping."