Chapter 9: August's POV

Raven's parents had given him the okay to come and stay with Ella and I at her parents' house for the night. The best excuse we could come up with on why we needed him to spend the night with us was that Onyx needed help with her preparations for tomorrow night's ceremony.

"What do you bitches want from Cane's, it's way too late for us to cook something. Honestly I don't want to cook for a while after that shit." She groans out from the passenger side of my car.

"Ditto as fuck." Raven murmurs from the back seat. I look in the rearview mirror and almost laugh at Raven who was slumped over in exhaustion.

"You had the easy job Aug, what the fuck did you do to get that position?" Out of the corner of my eye, I can see that Ella had her face leaned up against the headrest.

"I didn't really mind doing the work but she had me help her because it was my idea to make the chili and cookies." I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel. "While you and Raven were too busy arguing, I was helping her out trying to organize her thoughts."

"Wait so it was your idea? You just let her steal it?" Raven pipes up from the back seat as he sits up.

"Not steal, she was under a tremendous amount of pressure, she just had it thrown on her this morning." I said, looking at Ella. "I just helped her make a plan on the food, the rest was all her."

"You're too nice, I wouldn't have let her take all of that credit." Ella pokes my shoulder.

"It's whatever, she's going to be a great Luna one day, she's a year younger than us too. Just imagine having to do all of that at our age." I stated. "We would crack so quickly."

---

Once we arrive at Ella's house, we're pulled into a hug by her mom Susan, she always loved seeing Raven and I because we weren't rambunctious wolves. "I missed you two, I haven't seen you in so long August." She hugs me tighter to her.

"Sorry about all of that, I've had a lot of stuff happen these past few months." I explained to her.

"How have you been healing up?" She pulls back to look me in the eyes.

"The scarring is pretty deep," I say, lifting my shirt just a smidge to show her a small portion of the damage that had been done to me during my rogue attack. Tears start brimming her eyes and glances to the side as if she couldn't bare to look at it anymore.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you babe." She pulls me into her embrace once more. "No more going out by yourself."

"Hear you loud and clear ma'am." She pulled away, I smiled giving her a salute. "Ella said something about having some relaxation time since the boys are at their grandparents tonight."

"Face mask's and everything."  Raven says as he skips towards the kitchen swinging the plastic bags full of greasy food. Ella follows Raven into the kitchen and Susan laughs at us.

"Well, I look forward to having some relaxing time, not often I get to just get some girl time." Susan said walking to the kitchen with me.

"Hey! we're not girls!" Raven pipes up.

"Girls, Omega's, same thing." Susan shrugs tilting her head to the side, rolling her eyes and throwing her arms up in the air.

"Not really." I say, pouting.

"Oh yeah the difference is, you three go into heat. More lethal." She raises an eyebrow. "Y'all can have kids, so it's the same thing, no room for argument." She stated in a matter of fact tone.

"Truth mom, if anything they're bigger sissys than I am." Ella laughed, shoving a chicken tender in her mouth.

"Take that back." Raven glared at her.

"Fuck no, I've got eight brothers and I can whoop y'alls ass no problem. Raven, you cried when someone pulled your ponytail last week. I would have just decked them in the face, we're not the same." Ella threw her head back in laughter.

"Uh, I'm the tougher bitch here, remember, nine kids. That means labor nine times." Susan says, pulling out her Trump card.

"Uh, rogue attack, almost died." I jutted a finger in my own direction, raising my eyebrows mischievously.

"That's not fair!" Ella whines. 

"Gotta wear them battle scars bitches." I grumbled sitting on a barstool and joined my friends.

"Alright, anyways, changing the conversation." Susan puts her hand up and brings them down, slapping the counter as she does so. "Have either of y'all found your mate yet?" She looks between Raven and I.

"Unfortunately that's a big no." Raven pouts.

When a wolf of any caste turns the age of 18, it's like their wolves mature to another level, the scent, the sight, even being in the same area as their mate, their wolves find a way to each other and imprint on each other. To complete the mating process both parties would mark their mate on the crook of their neck during an intimate moment between the two. The castes of the wolves were from Alpha, Beta, Delta, Luna, Dominant wolf, Submissive wolf, to Omega. That did not limit to any other species, such as humans, vampires, hybrids, fairies and other supernatural creatures, the moon goddess blessed everyone with a mate. Some never get the opportunity to meet their mate in their lifetime, but that usually was a slim to none chance of that actually happening. Even if it were later in their life, the goddess always made a path for them to follow. 

"Honestly I think I can wait." I said, nibbling on the bread (the best part of Canes).

"Do you smell that Raven?" Ella sniffed the air. "Is that bullshit I smell?" She laughs.

"I believe it is my redheaded friend." Raven joined in with her laughing.

"Y'all leave him alone, he has until March of next year to wait for his mate if his mate doesn't find him by then." Susan rolled her eyes at the terrible two.

"I mean the Moon Goddess does everything for a reason, you can't control fate." I give a half smile.

"Anyways kids, y'all finish eating your dinner, I'm going to make myself a glass of wine and get some stuff ready for the evening." Susan says making her exit out of the kitchen