-7- Rain

I was walking around the Glade, taking in all the fresh air. I loved these kind of walk, it was peaceful, refreshing and somewhat lonely.

The other Gladers, except Minho, Gally, Newt, Thomas, Teresa, Chuck, Alby and maybe Frypan, they all dislike me, as if I've done something wrong to them.

I was looking around for Teresa to have some girl time, but it seems she's with her boyfriend, Thomas. I looked around for Chuck but he was talking to Alby. I saw Gally but he was busy building, same as Frypan who was cooking behind the kitchen. Minho was running inside the maze with Winston since Thomas had the day off and hung-out with Teresa. And Newt, busy being the second-in-command.

I was alone. I am alone.

I had nobody. If my friends were busy, I'm alone, no one to talk too, no one to share a laugh. Me, being the person who didn't want to disturb them, them having their good time, doing their part. I was a Track-Hoe but I was given a break.

I walked to me and Newt's treehouse that Gally and the other builders built for me and Newt since we were really close friends and if we needed privacy and talk, we would meet-up here.

I climbed the ladder, and walked inside, sighing, I sat down and looked at nothing, but I was thinking. What does it feel to have someone with you? What does it feel to be cuddled up with a friend or someone you think who's more than a friend.?

I stood up, and looked out the window, that was near the exit. It shows the view of the Glade. They all look so happy, once I disappear, smiles appear on their faces. Then I saw Teresa, Thomas, Newt, Chuck, Minho, and Gally in one group. I expected them to be happy without me, but they were glum, confused and looking around as if they were looking for someone.

Can't be me. I'm worthless.

But Newt spotted me, and they were running to me and Newt's tree. And I smiled weakly at them.

I watch them climb the ladder, and enter the treehouse one by one. Minho came in first, then Thomas, then Teresa, Newt, Chuck, then Gally came in last.

"Hey guys" I said weakly at them, and they became sad all of a sudden.

"What's wrong? You seem like you're not in the mood to talk to someone instead you're in the mood to light up this treehouse" Minho said, and I chuckled.

"I'm good. Just thinking." I said, taking a seat and so did everyone else.

"Thinking about what Darling?" Newt said. He called me that ever since we became friends.

"Oh you know, what it would feel like to have someone by your side, and be there for you no matter what" I said, looking down.

"You have us" Thomas said, and I heard choruses of 'yeah' and 'you'll always have us'. And I heard someone mumble 'you have me'.

I look around my group of friends who said that last part. But no luck.

"Come Darling. Let's walk around, and talk." He said, as he stood up. He put out his hand for me to grab so that he can help me get up. I took it, and sparks flew once I held his soft hands.

"And we're going alone" He said, and I blushed, and looked down quickly.

"Okay. Have fun making out. I'll just stay here and watch Thomas and Teresa do their stuff" Minho said, and I laughed.

We went down the ladder and we made it safely to the ground.

Once we were on the ground, Newt grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers through mine.

"So, tell me what's wrong" He said, as we walked around the Glade. All eyes on our intertwined hands.

"I was just thinking because you guys are always busy, I have no one. And I'm a Track-Hoe, not much to do." I said, and he stopped and faced me. It was like facing a skyscraper considering how tall he was.

"Look, you see us around the Glade. And if you have someone to talk too, I'm here Darling" He said, and I sighed.

"Yeah, but you're busy being second-im-command" I said, and he grabbed my forearms and looked straight into my eyes.

"And I don't care. I don't bloody care if they do this crap alone. I don't want you to be lonely, if you want someone to talk, to cuddle, I'm here Darling" He said, and I smiled.

"Thanks Newt" I said, and hugged him. We stayed that way until I feel raindrops on my arms.

"Darling, it's raining we should go back to the treehouse so you won't catch a cold." He said, placing his hood on my head.

"You'll get a cold too" I said, and he shrugged.

"I'd rather get sick than you laying in bed with a runny nose, love" He said, first time calling me love..

That was it

I took the hood off, and he was confused but I cupped his face and kissed him in the rain. This was one of my goals ever since I met my best friend Newt.

And then I pulled away

"Sorry Newt. I know you weren't expecting that. I just really like you and this was one of the things I wanted to do with my best friend that I love. I feel so stup-" I was cut off when he placed a finger on my lips.

"You talk to much" He said, and leaned in.

Just the two of us in the middle of the Glade. Just the two of us like nothing existed.

We heard hoots and hollers coming from the treehouse, and I look up to my friends cheering for us. We both laughed and he caressed my check looking into my eyes as I grab hold of his hand, and he leaned in.

"I love you Darling" He said, and I blushed.

"I love you too"

__________________________

a/n:

Yay! I updated again. After this I might be posting an a/n # 2

thanks for 600+ reads, and for that I'm dedicating this imagine for you guys

I love you all, my darlings (I'm gonna start calling you that)

-Danielle