Part 22:

Lucas
Five months later...

"whatchu know bout this?" I asked Kingston as I bounced him up and down and he laughed and clapped. "don't tell moms you know how she get." I mumbled as I gave him another spoon full of cheesy grits.

"Jo's gonna kill you." Nicky said as she walked in the room.

"Josephine will be alright." I shrugged, the last couple months been real quiet kinda liked it like this ain't gonna lie me and jo been real good about co parenting I watch king when she goes to work so I'm with him all the time.

"where gigi?"

"cake tasting I told her ain wanna go." I said as I stood up.

"Why you be doing her like that?"

"like what?"

"You should be helping with the wedding not sitting on your ass." she said.

"girl get out why you even here." I mugged and she mocked me.

"y'all don't start that it's to early." My mama said as she walked down the stairs.

"Man she started." I mugged.

"and Lucas you is to old to be entertaining nicky." she said while eyeing me.

"when y'all going home." I mumbled and she smacked me in my head.

"boy I'll put you in another coma." She said while pointing at me and Nicole laughed and I waved them off.

"why aren't you with gigi?" My mama asked.

"because I got Kingston she know that."

"Me and Nicole could've watched Kingston you need to be with your fiancé." she said.

"gigi good damn." I said annoyed.

"i hope she leave your ass." Nicole said.

"Guh." I said as I stood up bouncing Kingston.

"where's Josephine?"

"she had a early shift she'll be here later." I said as I put Kingston pacifier in his mouth.

"you met her fine boy friend?" Nicole said while smiling.

"Nicole." My mama warned.

"Nah let her keep talking my hand gon be across her face if she keep playin with me." I said while pointing at her.

"you can't get mad Terrance fine." she mumbled.

"Terrance is a good looking young man he's respectful and I can tell he loves jo dearly." my mama said and I rolled my eyes in my head I get tired of hearing about Terrance he not allat.

"somebody mad that king has a step daddy." she said as she tickled Kingston and my mama laughed.

"take ya lil ugly ass on cause you showing out." I said while moving king and she laughed as she walked upstairs.

"Terrance is a good man." My mama said.

"I know." I said while looking  down at king, right after Kingston got out of the hospital Josephine and Terrance began to get more serious and she moved in with him and his daughter they the perfect family everything Jo wanted, I can't be angry with her because she deserves it.

"give him a chance." she said while patting my shoulder. " cmon bubba." she cooed as she picked him up and he smiled showing off all his gums. Kingston really got my heart when I first saw him I knew I was gone love him forever and I knew I had to change my ways for him so I took a break from the game and let Pryce take over Cortez left town to get himself back together he's lost without joy she's all he knows and now she's gone and he's confused.

Jo

"welcome back doctor Wallace." Angel a nurse said to me.

"glad to be back." I said as I took my gloves off and washed my hands. Everything is almost back to normal started working again I'm in a healthy relationship I can actually say i'm happy. I clocked out and drove to Lucas's house so I can get Kingston, I unlocked the door and saw them sleeping on the couch and I smiled as I walked up. I grabbed king and picked up a pillow and hit Lucas and he shot up and looked around and I laughed.

"It's only me." I said.

"girl don't do that." he said.

"Just wanted to let you know I'm here." I said while sitting down.

"ight, how was work?" He asked as he began getting his stuff together.

"it was good slow not a lot of patients today." I replied.

"oh." he said.

"we're having a dinner this weekend I told your mom about it your welcomed to come." I offered.

"Nah I'm good." he said.

"Lucas it doesn't have to be this way."

"be what way ion wanna go it ain't a big deal." He shrugged while getting up.

"well it's a big deal for me and Kingston you don't ever try with Terrance." I complained.

"don't bring Kingston into it."

"Terrance will always be in King's life he's like-

"he's like what? Cause it sholl ain't his daddy cause he already got one." He snapped, and I scoffed.

"the hatred you got for Terrance is really disgusting Lucas I haven't asked for shit these last months and all I'm asking you is to do this one thing for me." I said.

"I'm good have a good dinner." he replied as he walked upstairs. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Kingston things why does Lucas always have to act like a ass.

***

"he don't want to get to know me that's his business baby." Terrance said as he poured me some more wine.

"it's frustrating because everybody see's how great of a man you are but he just wanna act like a dumb ass." I said and he laughed as he sat down.

"I'm not worried about pleasing Lucas and neither should you." he said as he caressed my cheek and I smiled.

"I still wanted him to come to the dinner."

"we still talking about this?" Terrance said as he turned the tv on.

"yes because-

"Im starting to think this is more than him accepting me.. you starting to catch feelings for him again?" he asked.

"Ew of course not I just want us to be a happy family that's all." I said as pecked him on the lips a couple times.

"we are a happy family if Lucas doesn't want to be apart of it because of his prideful ways then fuck it me and you and the kids that's all that matters." He said as he pulled me close and I nodded and laid my head on his chest and started to think about what he said am I catching feelings for Lucas again?

***

Short chapter I wanted to give y'all a normal one before I start the bs in the next chapter lmao Lucas changing slowly so that's good and jo I don't even know with her. Make sure you comment and vote! ❤️